• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

my worst game, my first game

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Paid The Umpire said:
I am writing a story:

It is about a futuristic theme park, where they used advanced cloning techniques to bring back the dinosaurs. I call it "Jimmy and the Clone-asaurus"
I'm actually replying to the "indoor cricket is where the worst outdoor players can win" footer in your messages. Thank you for putting in words what I've felt for a long, long time! haha The only good thing about it is you can scare the #¤% out of them for about two overs bowling rather quickly with a leather covered tennis ball. Then go out and bat and get -35 with a dazzling array of cuts, pulls, cover and straight drives.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
First Game/Worst Moment

I can't remember my first game, but my most embarrassing moment would have to be a couple of years ago though playing rep and I was standing at a deep-ish point position. The batsman has skied one in my direction and I lost it completely in the sun, I was standing there going "I can't see it, I can't see it" and the guy fielding at Deep Cover had to run about 30 metres and dive outstretched to haul the catch in himself, ending up at my feet as the ball came down right in front of me - about a metre away. He ended up injuring himself and not being able to bat at the same time.

I tried explaining to all and sundry that I lost it in the sun, but funnily enough, no-one was listening..........