• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* TVS Cup, Dhaka Thread

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Masud isn't that bad a bowler.
Mashud is a fairly useful bat.
Masud/Mashud is one player. And he's a wicket-keeper who can bat a little bit. I'm a little confused as to what you're getting at here...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
Masud/Mashud is one player. And he's a wicket-keeper who can bat a little bit. I'm a little confused as to what you're getting at here...
My bad. I meant 'Mahmud isn't that bad a bowler'.

He mixes his pace handily and is pretty much wicket to wicket.

Langeveldt

Soutie
IMHO I think Mashud, Kapali and Ashraful are the only international standard players in the Bangladesh setup..

They used to have Aminul Islam, Akram Khan, Habibul Bashar and Mehrab Hossain as well. Somewhere along the line some big mistakes have been made

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
IMHO I think Mashud, Kapali and Ashraful are the only international standard players in the Bangladesh setup..

They used to have Aminul Islam, Akram Khan, Habibul Bashar and Mehrab Hossain as well. Somewhere along the line some big mistakes have been made
Mashud isn't International class really but he puts 115% into everything and is a big game player. Kapali and Ashraful are still teenagers and have a long way to come, great talents both of them.

Aminul is now ~40 and hence not at his peak any more, Akram and Mehrab have been in and out of the side - not getting a fair chance to run into form - and Habibul has been in the most appalling run of form, though hopefully his 50 against India will get him back on the way up.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
My bad. I meant 'Mahmud isn't that bad a bowler'.

He mixes his pace handily and is pretty much wicket to wicket.
He had a very torrid time yesterday. The crowd had a real go at him. At first he misfielded a couple of times in the starting overs and so the crowd started bashing him as all the others were fieeelding well and when he bowled he gave away 20 in 3 and so it became more increasing and then he misfielded a couple more times in the middle overs and then things were going very well for Bangladesh , he came in to bowl. The crowd were already shouting angrily and when he gave away 20 runs in that overs , it was terrible.

Mr Mxyzptlk

lord_of_darkness said:
how so marc
To answer your question:-

The ball which AA bowled to Ashraful in India's second match against Bangladesh was great though. It surprised him with the pace and bowled him. The wicket broke into two pieces and one piece carried on and just stopped near the keeper and one piece remained intact on to the pitch. It was great to watch.
Yeah it travelled upto 2/3 of the way to the keeper. Only the top half travelled while the bottom half of the wicket didn't even fall.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
AA watch, our hero is returning to type!

41st over, with SA needing 65 from 60, he unleashes a no ball leg side full toss!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
AA watch, our hero is returning to type!

41st over, with SA needing 65 from 60, he unleashes a no ball leg side full toss!
AA currently has figures of 6-2-34-0 which means effectively those 34 runs were scored in 4 overs. If you can forget those 2 maidens as an abberration, we can see clear signs that AA is coming back to form. I told you Marc, just have patience!

Langeveldt

Soutie
yess..brilliant, at last! I was beginning to feel like a Bangla supporter but thats more like it

Bet that was a good knock from McKenzie, he has never been good against spin so that should give him some confidance, my man Rudolph gets 37, not bad ! :P

krkode

State Captain
I was just going over some South African profiles, and Dippenar has a crazy good record man!!

Makes a 50 ever 3-4 innings :wow:

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think Dippenaar, Rudolph, Van Jaarsveld and McKenzie all have good records, however I think they are very one dimensional right handers, and whether they can adapt to the world circuit remains to be seen.

Mr Mxyzptlk

krkode said:
I was just going over some South African profiles, and Dippenar has a crazy good record man!!

Makes a 50 ever 3-4 innings :wow:
I think the more impressive record for Dippenaar is his 15 centuries and 17 fifties in FC cricket. That's an outstanding conversion rate. He's the type of player who you tend to forget he's there but he still gets his runs.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
How much the bet that AA is going to get the world record for the worst bowling performance by an indian/any bowler in the finals

Eclipse

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I think the more impressive record for Dippenaar is his 15 centuries and 17 fifties in FC cricket. That's an outstanding conversion rate. He's the type of player who you tend to forget he's there but he still gets his runs.
Yeah Dippenar is talented and should get more of a chance in test cricket.

As far as good conversion goes I think Tendulkar is the best with Ponting probably next he has somthing like 16 test 100's and 17 test 50's. As well as 45 FC 100's and 49 FC 50's @55.19

There are Other players who have really good conversion rates but the jury is still out on alot of them Vaughan for example.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
lord_of_darkness said:
How much the bet that AA is going to get the world record for the worst bowling performance by an indian/any bowler in the finals

Yeah i hope he will be really "on form" for the final :D

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
The magic think about agarkar is he tends to peform at his worst on the day when he is most needed eg when necessary to qualify , win , draw