• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* TVS Cup, Dhaka Thread

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Okay guys this is quite foolish , saying that cricket being played in the TVS cup is usless

Not quite , first of all its cricket played by all its normal rules so its normal cricket ! and its exciting still cause if u are a true cricket supporter u will find a normal cricket game exciting !

And plus if u go to a country like bangladesh and expect loads of prize money for winners etc u are dumb since there are lots of poor people there in the country that need the money than some rich cricketters..

For bangladesh cricket its good , as every game they can get more international practise with good teams , and for the people of bangladesh its good aswell a good day to come watch a game with mates lose some of the stress of the day..

Finally Cricket is Cricket , aslong as there is no corruption and its all going fair , let the game go on, im enjoying it so why complain?

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
lord_of_darkness said:
Okay guys this is quite foolish , saying that cricket being played in the TVS cup is usless

Not quite , first of all its cricket played by all its normal rules so its normal cricket ! and its exciting still cause if u are a true cricket supporter u will find a normal cricket game exciting !

And plus if u go to a country like bangladesh and expect loads of prize money for winners etc u are dumb since there are lots of poor people there in the country that need the money than some rich cricketters..

For bangladesh cricket its good , as every game they can get more international practise with good teams , and for the people of bangladesh its good aswell a good day to come watch a game with mates lose some of the stress of the day..

Finally Cricket is Cricket , aslong as there is no corruption and its all going fair , let the game go on, im enjoying it so why complain?
I'm a true cricket fan, I like watching cricket weather it's village green or International, it's just this ammount of OD cricket is sorta taking away the "special" element International cricket is supposed to have.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The amount of meaningless tournaments such as this one are what led to the corruption and match fixing.

There is too much ODI cricket going on.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It detracts from the Test cricket too. or instance, here in the Caribean, we spend weeks and weeks in anticipation and excitement preceding a Test against the Aussies. This year, for alot of people I know, it was more like "when is that Test match starting? What? Yesterday?"

We just don't get the same buildup to a Test or a series as before. There's just too much cricket in general.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chances are, they'll still lose. I think Holland and Namibia have some pretty talented players (except for the horrible Mol - total lack of technique).

krkode

State Captain
People have started to lose interest in test cricket. They cater to the "people" from now...:yawn:

Isn't it all about money?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
I just fear he's becoming too good.
C'mon Marc, he is only human after all! Even he can't be expected to fail all the time! Don't worry, he will make a grand comeback, true AA style...!!!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
It detracts from the Test cricket too. or instance, here in the Caribean, we spend weeks and weeks in anticipation and excitement preceding a Test against the Aussies. This year, for alot of people I know, it was more like "when is that Test match starting? What? Yesterday?"

We just don't get the same buildup to a Test or a series as before. There's just too much cricket in general.
Over here you are starved of actual cricket coverage unless you have Sky, so every Test and the CC games are all followed either on TV or by Teletext and the papers :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
anilramavarma said:
C'mon Marc, he is only human after all! Even he can't be expected to fail all the time! Don't worry, he will make a grand comeback, true AA style...!!!

All hail AA!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Oh I didn't realise Ch4 were showing live coverage of the winter Tests and ODIs...my mistake...you know, sitting listening to the radio until the early hours most nights suddenly seems a really dumb thing to do :rolleyes:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You said "starved of cricket coverage" - C4 show 6 Tests plus a few one day games each summer, as well as highlights.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
You said "starved of cricket coverage" - C4 show 6 Tests plus a few one day games each summer, as well as highlights.
Starved of coverage in the winter. That is why I said "so every Test and the CC games are all followed either on TV or by Teletext and the papers" which covers the fact that you can follow the Tests on TV or Teletext or the papers and the CC matches on Teletext or the papers...

V Reddy

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
All hail AA!
He is just trying to consolidate his position in the team so that he can put on more AA trademark performances :lol: :lol:

The ball which AA bowled to Ashraful in India's second match against Bangladesh was great though. It surprised him with the pace and bowled him. The wicket broke into two pieces and one piece carried on and just stopped near the keeper and one piece remained intact on to the pitch. It was great to watch.

krkode

State Captain
vishnureddy said:
He is just trying to consolidate his position in the team so that he can put on more AA trademark performances :lol: :lol:

The ball which AA bowled to Ashraful in India's second match against Bangladesh was great though. It surprised him with the pace and bowled him. The wicket broke into two pieces and one piece carried on and just stopped near the keeper and one piece remained intact on to the pitch. It was great to watch.
:wow:

That must've been awesome! I've never seen a wicket breaking before :wow:

I do remember when AA bowled Grant Flower...replays showed a little piece being chipped off the wickets...that was as big as it got for me :D

V Reddy

International Debutant
krkode said:
:wow:

That must've been awesome! I've never seen a wicket breaking before :wow:

I do remember when AA bowled Grant Flower...replays showed a little piece being chipped off the wickets...that was as big as it got for me :D
Yeah it travelled upto 2/3 of the way to the keeper. Only the top half travelled while the bottom half of the wicket didn't even fall.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well South Africa trounced Bangladesh today, but I would like to see them score more runs against such a mediocre attack.

Watch the man Jacques Rudolph though, he is superb, a real talent.

Dawson is put down by you lot, and although he is hardly going to set the world alight, he is a good accurate bowler who could pull SA away from this world cup slump.. Just the kind of cool head they needed when AD wasnt firing

Good to see Ashraful and Kapali in the runs, although they appears to be the only really talented Bangladeshis.. At least they have something to cling onto i suppose.