• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* TVS Cup, Dhaka Thread

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
anilramavarma said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent report, Neil!
Legglancer said:
Compliments on a great match report ... Neil !
Cheers guys! Much appreciated!
Langeveldt said:
Can someone please explain to me why Ashraful got man of the match???
For (quote) "taking the attack to the South Africans".

None of the SA top order did anything special or out of the ordinary against average bowling. Ashraful did. He "pulled Willoughby and Ntini out of the attack" (Cricinfo).

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Very amusing, Neil. You out-ducked the duck

<quack> (mutters) razzun frazzun cricketweb ain't big enough for the both of..... (quacks fade into the distance)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Well so far Ind vs Ban

ban 207 all out

Agarkar picks up 3 wickets again ????! :wow: whats going on :wow:

well Gambir on 69 n.o and india 170/3
and bangar just came in

another win for india the way i see it and i think that means they are in the finals..

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
They were in the final after the second win.....They huffed and puffed a little, but made it comfortably at the end. I'm sorry I have to say this, but the Bangladeshi team sucks big time.

BTW, why is there no prize money for the winners and runners up in this tourney? Does anyone know?

Langeveldt

Soutie
anilramavarma said:
BTW, why is there no prize money for the winners and runners up in this tourney? Does anyone know?

That means the tournament is completely meaningless...IMHO there is far too much One Day Cricket at the moment

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
That means the tournament is completely meaningless...IMHO there is far too much One Day Cricket at the moment
Yeah, I totally agree, with the amount of ODIs being played nowadays, such tournaments with no incentives for players are ridiculous. India is fielding virtually a 'B' team, SA is also experimenting a lot and Bangladesh is...well Bangladesh, as crappy as always.

That still begs the question, why is there no prize money? Is it that the earnings are going to be donated to charity or something....?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's what? 35 defeats on the trot or something for Bangladesh?

Seems we ought to drop AA (far too good now) and start a Bangladesh fan club

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
That's what? 35 defeats on the trot or something for Bangladesh?

Seems we ought to drop AA (far too good now) and start a Bangladesh fan club
Don't lose hope on AA, Eddie, have faith in the boy. He is probably working on his next slump even as we speak.:P :D :) :lol: :duh:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
All this OD cricket...I'm hearing India get through to the final of the "TVS Cup" and all I think is "So what?"

There is definatley too much, it's degrading it.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Rik said:
All this OD cricket...I'm hearing India get through to the final of the "TVS Cup" and all I think is "So what?"

There is definatley too much, it's degrading it.
Getting into the final is really not a big deal, 'coz the 3rd team in the fray is Bangladesh. However, if they beat SA in the final, then it will be quite a good achievement as the team is missing several key players at the moment.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
anilramavarma said:
Getting into the final is really not a big deal, 'coz the 3rd team in the fray is Bangladesh. However, if they beat SA in the final, then it will be quite a good achievement as the team is missing several key players at the moment.
Well SA seem to have just lost it, Bangladesh are not even worthy of the term "opposition" and India are resting most of their key players...it just doesn't seem to prove anything. I don't see the point of all of these series.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Rik said:
Well SA seem to have just lost it, Bangladesh are not even worthy of the term "opposition" and India are resting most of their key players...it just doesn't seem to prove anything. I don't see the point of all of these series.
If they win the final, it proves that India has got pretty good young "bench" talent....Other than that, I totally agree with you. I guess no one knows about the "no prize money" issue....:!(

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
"marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good! (Having said that, his performances in the last few games are too good for us to comprehend, he must return to mediocrity ASAP)"

Patience, Marc...patience! Has he ever failed you yet? Like I told Eddie, have some faith!
:P

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Marc...if your so upset with his performances which are too good in your eye then why does your sig contain this:
we don't only appreciate when he does well
;)

V Reddy

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
They're approaching their half century...we should be cheering them on! :lol:
I think they will reach 100 or even 150 too till they play teams like Holland , Namibia ,etc,. whom they will play in 2007 :O