• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can Kumble overtake Warne as the second highest wicket taker in Tests?

Can Anil Kumble overtake Warne as the second Highest Test wicket taker?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
When though? He has an economical action, his fingers are far less important to him compared to other spin bowlers, and on top of that he's Anil Kumble... he can do anything.
It's his shoulder that's always been his problem, not fingers.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Warne was still able to take wickets despite not being able to do many of the things he once could, in the last couple of years of his career. Guile, experience and reputation are all good weapons.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It's his shoulder that's always been his problem, not fingers.
Hmmm, I reckon he can go on. I can't give a medical condition or something, but the fact that he gave up the ODI game when he did almost ensured he CAN play till 40. Just like Warne could have if he wanted to, and Warne's had more injury problems.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Warne was still able to take wickets despite not being able to do many of the things he once could, in the last couple of years of his career. Guile, experience and reputation are all good weapons.
Bah, amazing he was!

Not sure any other bowler could buy a wicket through legacy alone.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well Clarke does better than Warne against India - Clarke IMO might actually get a couple on reputaiton where Warne never did.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Depends how long he plays for. I think he can do it if he plays long enough. Considering he only recently got the captaincy and is still performing well he's not going to be dropped. Don't think he's playing ODIs so that should extend his career. Still got 3 good years left in him if he keeps his current form. So, yes.

Craig

World Traveller
Kumble has only just turned 37. This is very much a question which occurred to me, too. I honestly don't know. I'd like to think he can keep bowling and bowling well - he's had no injuries to speak of, pretty much all his career, and he's definately bowling as well now as he ever has been.

I'd really like to think he could. First thing, though, is whether he wants to. I hope he'll go on playing for as long as he's bowling well (and, of course, he's currently captaining well too).

Either way - a superb bowler.
What? :blink:

He had a shoulder op back in 2000/01 and missed the 2001 series against Australia because of it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Guile, experience and reputation are all good weapons.
Hmm, DWTA. Experience can help give you extra weapons, and reputation is sometimes a good substitute for weapons.

But they're not weapons in themselves.