• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reply from a brave geezer

PY

International Coach
Just received this from one of my heroes......the man himself Mr Henry Olonga.....
"Dear Peter Young,
Sorry this is so short but I have been swamped by lots of support.Anyway thank you so much for your kind words and support and May god bless you.It is such an encouragement to me to hear from you.I hope that in a small way my stand may make a difference.There is a dream called Zimbabwe and I
believe in it.
Henry "
What a genuinely good bloke :). Just thought people might like to see it.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Great stuff, Peter. I got the same message.

Henry will remain a hero to me for the rest of my life.

Cloete

International Captain
wow that was nice. I hope he does go and play for CD in NZ. also I hope his dream comes true :)

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I got the same message as well. He must have thousands of people to reply to. He must be a great guy

PY

International Coach
Sent him an e-mail using his website for an address and then about month later he kindly replied. Hey presto :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
I would love to see him play cricket again..Whoever for

Good too see his heart is still in Zimbabwe though..Apparently it used to be a wonderful place, hopefully he will be able to return safely in his lifetime...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
He's been granted a work permit to play for Lashings.
It was always going to be favourite that he would come to England for a bit (because of his brother being based over here).

I wish the gentlemen well - and may his god go with him (to steal Dave Allen's catch-phrase).