• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Club Championship record?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Currently in Auckland the 1st placed club teams from each province are playing in a tournament to determine the best club in NZ.

Today Napier Tech Old Boys (Central Districts) are playing Otumoetai Cadets (Northern Districts).

Napier batted first and scored 468/4 off their 50 overs.
I don't know too much about the stats so far, but Jesse Ryder scored 128 off 60 odd balls & off one over Craig Findlay hit 5 sixes & a four.

I reckon Central Districts will clean up the State Shield & Championship next season, all they need is some consistency in their batting & they're starting to get that with new players like Jesse Ryder, Ross Taylor & Jamie How. And I guess it's a bonus if your bowling attack's average bowling average is around 21.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard Boock wrote a really good article today for the NZ Herald about the type of pitches NZ are producing and how it is affecting our cricketers...it might be on their website www.nzherald.co.nz

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:

Napier batted first and scored 468/4 off their 50 overs.
I don't know too much about the stats so far, but Jesse Ryder scored 128 off 60 odd balls & off one over Craig Findlay hit 5 sixes & a four.
Ouch!

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Tim said:
Currently in Auckland the 1st placed club teams from each province are playing in a tournament to determine the best club in NZ.
It isn't the first placed in each province. East Shirley didn't win the Club One day or two day competition in Canterbury. Your Association decides which team will go.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I see that Napier scored 450 yesterday as well. Ryder got 143 again. They must be quite a strong side.