• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

People over-rated?

slowfinger

International Debutant
I really do think some people are over rated (eg):Andrew Flintoff for Enland and they are praised as the worlds best players.But who really is over rated?

Evermind

International Debutant
Yeah the over rates have been abysmal. I believe Australia were (yesterday) over-rated at 12 overs an hour? That's terrible!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
People are overrated. We've been top species for too long & have grown complacent; time to give the ants a go for mine.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Even ignoring the fact that we've had this thread several times, which isn't really relevant, these threads are a bit tricky. If someone is universally regarded as over'-rated, they actually aren't over-rated at all - merely their rating is over-rated and the public opinion of public opinion is wrong.

The best support you can get for your claim is actually a bunch of people disagreeing with you and saying how good the player is, and the only way you can definitely be wrong is if every single person agrees with you. That sort of circular logic stops these threads from ever really going anywhere - it just doesn't work as a topic on itself. Stating a player is over-rated as part of your opinion regarding something is fine, but trying to list which players are over-rated and which aren't is fundamentally flawed when you want input from others and a definitive conclusion.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Yeah well,I guess.Ive not been on Cricket web before

And I want to know peoples opinions,not cause rows

Maybe I shouldn't have....

:unsure:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The "overrated" question tends to be one of the more widely recognised as useless ones on here, TBH. :p

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Some players I think that are extremely over-rated:

Andrew Flintoff
Brian Lara
Sachin Tendulkar
Shane Warne

Some that I think are underrated:

Kallis
M Yousuf