• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in Bangladesh

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Fixtures

February 2008
Tue 19
TBC v South Africans
Narayanganj Osmani Stadium, Fatullah

Fri 22 - Tue 26
1st Test - Bangladesh v South Africa
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

Fri 29 - Tue 4
2nd Test - Bangladesh v South Africa
Bir Shrestha Shahid Ruhul Amin Stadium, Chittagong

March 2008
Fri 7
TBC v South Africans

Sun 9
1st ODI - Bangladesh v South Africa

Wed 12
2nd ODI - Bangladesh v South Africa

Fri 14
3rd ODI - Bangladesh v South Africa

One game warm up for the South Africans, not the ideal preparation for a test series regardless of the opposition...

Johan Botha is likely to be selected for the test squad as South Africa contemplate the thought of having two spinners. Botha may also be asked to open if South Africa are looking to accommodate two spinners - Johan is currently opening for the Warriors domestically. Whilst, Morne Mørkel is likely to get Andre Nel’s position at eight and will look to become South Africa’s new bowling all-rounder after Pollock.

Also there is some talk that a couple of senior players, notably Kallis and Boucher maybe 'rested' due to the Indian series which follows, or if they do play in Bangladesh it might be just for the test matches.

Glacier

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
If you're right and they do drop both Kallis and Boucher, I think Bangladesh could possibly spring a surprise. However Steyn should blow them away.

BTW you're talking Albie at number 8 right and not Morne because I thought he was the all-rounder and Morne the out and out bowler.

Protean

State Regular
If you're right and they do drop both Kallis and Boucher, I think Bangladesh could possibly spring a surprise. However Steyn should blow them away.

BTW you're talking Albie at number 8 right and not Morne because I thought he was the all-rounder and Morne the out and out bowler.
Morne can bat too!

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I fully expect Dale Steyn to clean up in the two Tests. Bowling with 145kph pace and big outswing (and the ability to swing a ball away from the stumps), he is difficult for even the best of batsmen, never mind Bangladesh.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd back Kallies to break the all time aggregate record for a 2-Test series, but that'll be a big ask given he'll only bat twice.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bangladesh to win an ODI and compete decently in one of the ODIs they lose. They'll get smashed in the tests though.

How has Botha actually been doing opening the batting at domestic level? It's an interesting option. It's probably more something they could look at if Paul Harris wasn't on the scene and they were looking to get one spinner in the team for subcontinent games rather than trying to squeeze two in, though. I don't see the need, personally.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Bangladesh I think can trouble RSA if they can win the toss and put up a decent first innings score ( > 350).

I think RSA's batting lineup is brittle and they are not great shakes at playing spin.

Of course they are pretty big IF's but I wouldn't be surprised if Bangers were fairly competitive.

sudhindra9

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think SA is underestimating Bangladesh it can pull off victories too
The SA shud be more careful with Tamim Iqbal in fine nick anything can happen

Bangladesh would be trying at least for a draw .

ANd COuld even win the ODI's

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
So Long a Steyn and any other seamer start showing fireworks then Bangladesh will ba likely to be rolled over really quickly, although having said that Ashrafl and one or two other bats do have the ability to make a fight of it in the tests.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Gonna be another massacare, when two very quick bowlers (Steyn, M. Morkel) in the team. Unless Enamul Haq jnr. pulls the magic rabbit out of his hat when bowling, it'll be a disaster.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
South Africa is a side which is on the ascendancy. So don't expect Bangladesh to cause any upset here. Should be a good experience for South African's younger players.