• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in Bangladesh

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Shahadat gets into a nice groove, then this could be very interesting.

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
I actually went to sleep after the first half hour of the South African innings, when they rolled to 31-0. It was obvious that Bangladeshi bowlers were no threat.
good match though, the second one would be intriguing as well.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just giving the bowlers a rest, you watch, we'll come out and take 6 wickets without conceeding a run (H)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Guess not, seems a bit silly to come back tomorrow for just 27 runs, oh well.
Indeed but Shahadat is getting the ball to move pretty late and with the light being not exceptional, any incoming batsman may have some difficulty.

pasag

RTDAS
Watch some South African bowler get a double ton in the next match :p Fun match to follow, even though I didn't see a ball played live.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Fair effort from Bangladesh regardless of what will presumably happen tomorrow morning. They gave South Africa a good hard contest and took the game into the fourth day, something which the Bangladeshi coach only wanted from his side.
Batting is still a big concern and their collapse this morning was laughable but bowling wise, the likes of Rafique and Shahadat Hossain have been fantastic.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Watch some South African bowler get a double ton in the next match :p .
South Africa are now making it a tradition to start test series poorly and then finish on a high, so Bangladesh by that logic should be in for a hiding.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
37.4 Mohammad Rafique to Kallis, no run, superb delivery, spin and bounce.... the ball kicks off a good length outside off, Kallis gets forward and takes a big edge which lobs off Rahim and goes straight into the hands of first slip, they all know they've got him but Bucknor shakes his head. It was hard to tell on normal speed, but replays confirmed an edge

Bucknor quit please, 3 really bad decisions vs Bangladesh Today ... not saying it would change the result but yoyu never know
Bucknor's had a test match to forget but it has also given poor decisions to both sides.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Had a look at the highlights and the amounts of outswing the Kallis wa getting off the Ball in the second innings was amazing. Granted if some of the Bangladeshi batsmen had shone more decisive footwork then they would not have got out so cheaply. Still marvellous bowling from Kallis.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not really, he didn’t know the rules and by the looks of it, neither did any of the South African coaching staff.
That blows my mind, to be honest, that professional cricketing staff can still think a legally bowled ball which bounces more than once could be called no-ball.

AB
“I wasn’t a hundred per cent sure and I wasn’t aware of the rules until Steve Bucknor explained it to me.
I must admit I thought I can’t get out to this ball. I actually moved back a bit in my crease to make sure it did bounce twice.
I was in control and I had batted really well. But I thought I was a bit unlucky, I’ve never seen anything like it before. I was hoping someone would call no-ball, I was waiting for someone to put their arm out. I think it’s a bit unfair that a bowler can get a wicket with a ball that bounces twice
.”
Poor form. Claiming ignorance of the rule, fine and dandy. It's surprising but not unjustified. Complaining about it is just whining because he got out.

Notice Kallis got his usual bag against the minnows. He seems afraid to bowl sometimes which boggles the mind because I thought he bowled quite well when in Australia last.

Last edited:

Protean

State Regular
Well AB and Boucher have wrapped that up fairly easily, despite the loss of Prince. SA go 1-0 in the series. :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm slightly angry that Kallis got MoTM.

Kallis fails in both innings making 17 and 5 and takes 5/30 with 4 of the wickets being tail enders, while Hossain makes 0* and 1* (almost as good as Kallis scores) and 6/27 and 3/70.

So basically Shahadat Hossain was robbed.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I'm slightly angry that Kallis got MoTM.

Kallis fails in both innings making 17 and 5 and takes 5/30 with 4 of the wickets being tail enders, while Hossain makes 0* and 1* (almost as good as Kallis scores) and 6/27 and 3/70.

So basically Shahadat Hossain was robbed.
I was surprised by that decision as well but how many times do you see a player from the losing side pick up the MOTM award?

Incidentally that accolade took Kallis clear in the most MOTM awards for a player.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/records/283704.html