• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Zimbabwe in Pakistan

Chubb

International Regular
Vusi will hopefully learn how to convert his 50s into tons because he has the ability to do so... at least he has learnt how to get past 20 with some regularity anyway. Making a good stab of batting, obviously no hope for a win now but some encouraging signs once again.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Vusi will hopefully learn how to convert his 50s into tons because he has the ability to do so... at least he has learnt how to get past 20 with some regularity anyway. Making a good stab of batting, obviously no hope for a win now but some encouraging signs once again.
Yeah. I hated the way the Cricinfo commentator randomly jinxed him, saying, in the middle of an over, that he needed to stick around - one ball before his demise. He's becoming quite the batsman though, is Vusi.

haroon510

International 12th Man
well i have said it before and i will say it again.. Sohail Tanvir and Rao shouldn't be even in the team.. if they want try young guns then this is the time now.. bring asad ali, anwar ali, Najaf Shah and other once with good domastic performance..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
To be fair to Tanvir, his figures in the match were actually pretty good, and he hasn't had the worst ODI career to date either. Rao had a good period with the ball for a while there as well, even though he *looks* like he'd get hammered (especially if his line was off).

CrazY GirL

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The bowling was boring like hell...and I missed Fawad Alam in the batting along with Sarfaraz as a keeper
and I hope Sohail Khan will play....and one of Umar Gul, Asif will play one or two matches just for the sake of match practice....so that the bowling sound bit more interesting

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Zim score at least some runs but if only they had a decent couple of quicks they might be able to turn over a fair few more sides. Price and Utseya as good as they are at not getting 'usually' smashed are never going to run through a side.

Also Taylor needs to go back to open or three (regardless of his footwork), for he truly is a crap player of spin.

Last edited:

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Taylor is a shocking player against spin, but putting him at four would mean not having much faith for the openers. Player's strengths weaknesses should correspond to their batting position.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Taylor is a shocking player against spin, but putting him at four would mean not having much faith for the openers. Player's strengths weaknesses should correspond to their batting position.
Sibanda is the best choice for opening, while Hamilton bats pretty good there too (averages 31 at #2) while Chibhabha averages over 30 at number 3, from most of his innings.

Taylor averages 17 @ 1, 24 @ 2, 31 @ 3, 41 @ 4 and 25 @ 5. It's pretty obvious where he should bat.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sibanda is the best choice for opening, while Hamilton bats pretty good there too (averages 31 at #2) while Chibhabha averages over 30 at number 3, from most of his innings.

Taylor averages 17 @ 1, 24 @ 2, 31 @ 3, 41 @ 4 and 25 @ 5. It's pretty obvious where he should bat.
Taibu has played a few very fine innings at #4, though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, thats the only problem. But TBH I rate Taylor>Taibu in ODI's.
Yeah, I'd probably rate them about equal, however I think Taylor is the better player of pace and Taibu the better player of spin, so it's make more sense to have Taylor at 4 and Taibu at 5, IMO.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah, I'd probably rate them about equal, however I think Taylor is the better player of pace and Taibu the better player of spin, so it's make more sense to have Taylor at 4 and Taibu at 5, IMO.
Yeah true, I think there's more sense in having Taibu lower as safety as I think he would be better at rescuing an innings, while Taylor would be better at setting one up.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
No, Taibu is Zim's best batsman and needs to be no lower than four. Doing a West Indies and having their best player as lower as five, means Tatenda will always be coming in with the game practically always lost. Taylor can bat down the order but on the subcontinent where he will face wickets which offer turn and decent spinners he has no chance, at home fine but not 'here'.

Last edited: