• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sehwag v Gayle

Who would you rather prefer as an opener?

• Total voters

Evermind

International Debutant
Ludicrous poll. It's like comparing Shane Bond and Sami, just because they're quick bowlers.

Sehwag wins this by a light-year.

haroon510

International 12th Man
both of these guys are gun.. love to see them play when they are playing good.. i voted for Gayle though considering that he could be better than Viroo in fast and bouncy pitches..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
oops, meant to vote sehwag, but both of them are pretty prone to moments of poor concentration and terrible shot selection.

In tests I'd take Sehwag (just), and in ODIs I'd take Gayle hands down.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Those who voted for Gayle go against facts, logic and any kind of common sense.

Gayle mat: 70 avg: 38.49 s/r: 57.25 (100s)7 (50s)28
Sehwag mat: 52 avg: 49.46 s/r: 75.75 (100s)12 (50s)12

No contest.
They might have voted based on one day cricket, though, as much as they shouldn't have.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In all honesty, if the Test was played in 2007 (and I had to pick one of the two) I really would pick Gayle.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Based on current Test form, I would have to go with Chris Gayle. That being said, Sehwag has looked in good nick in the Australia Test. He has excelled on the fast pitches as his edges fly past the fielders.

On career Test form, I would easily go with Sehwag.

For ODIs, I would have to go with Gayle. Gayle has one of the best ODI records of a batsman today, a strike rate of over 80 and an average nearing 40 is truly exemplary. He is by no means an all time great, but one of the best of this current era of cricketers.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Based on current Test form, I would have to go with Chris Gayle. That being said, Sehwag has looked in good nick in the Australia Test. He has excelled on the fast pitches as his edges fly past the fielders.

On career Test form, I would easily go with Sehwag.

For ODIs, I would have to go with Gayle. Gayle has one of the best ODI records of a batsman today, a strike rate of over 80 and an average nearing 40 is truly exemplary. He is by no means an all time great, but one of the best of this current era of cricketers.

LOL. excelled and edges don't really go together in my book.