• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Compare yourself to an international player...

Langeveldt

Soutie
So who do you think you play like most?

Bowling - A clone of Stewart Macgill in action..

Batting - Probably Grant Flower of Zim..Someone quite tall and defensive

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Phil Tufnell in bowling, Trescothick in batting (only cause I'm a leftie and I don't move my feet much)

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
This is difficult because I don't have sky TV and therefore haven't seen alot of people outside of NZ play.

I think Batting wise I am very much like Gary Stead/Robbie Hart. Very Gutsy player but not a big hitter.

Bowling.... Well I am more like MacGill than any other Leggies I have seen

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
id say shane watson for myself, although im not quite that expensive with the ball.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bowling: Almost an Andre Adams-style action with some Lance Klusener thrown in.

Batting: Very much like Inzi but without the straight technique. ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm guessing Age_Master is a combination of Micheal Clarke and Brett Lee. Since I've heard Lee is one of the best hitters of the ball in the World I would put him for the batting and Clarke who is better than most English spinners, for the bowling...:)

krkode

State Captain
As a bowler, my physique is nothing like these two names I am going to give you, but action-wise, I really modelled my actions after these two - Caddick and McGrath. Both men are tall, whereas I'm quite short, but I still get reasonable speed. Caddick's part of the action gives me some speed, whereas McGrath's part of the action gives me some accuracy :P But I still don't bowl 6 balls using the same action. The people I've played with know me for frequently changing my bowling action ;)

As a batsman, really nobody I could point a finger at. I tend to have my own style of batting :P I have some unorthodox shots, some normal shots and some text book shots, I can be wristy, or I can be sloggy...If I HAVE to give a name, it'd be...hmmmm...a combination of Azharuddin, Steve Waugh, and Sachin Tendulkar :D

Yes, this may sound like I'm blowing my horn, and I agree with you. I really can not be the judge of my own cricketing prowess...

Eclipse

International Debutant
I look alot like Brad Haddin when I bat the same style really almost identical backlift and follow through.

My orthadox drives are very Ponting like because I alawys liked the way he uses the full face of the bat like Tendulkar.

Bowling well depends wether I am bowling spin or quick when its offspin/Legspin I look alot like Adams form SA :) not very good to looking at at all. If I bowl quick then I hope to look like Gillespie but I probably look more like Mark Butcher lol.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
broncoman said:
id say shane watson for myself, although im not quite that expensive with the ball.
*** bows down and worships Broncoman since he's clearly the best all rounder in the world since he's like Shane Watson but more economical ***

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My most successful bowling seemed to occur when I based my run up on a combination of Merv Hughes (I think it was him with the 45 degree approach?) and Bob Willis, for running with my legs out straight in a stupid fashion.

I'm guessing I distracted the batsmen rather than beat them!

masterblaster

International Captain
Batting : Like Mohammad Kaif, upright, bat in the air, playing moderately, with a straight bat, always waiting for the ball, ready to pounce.

Bowling: Like Zaheer Khan, only a right hander, I too have the little jump before the delivery, it gives me balance, support and that extra bit of pace.

But im nothing like these two fantastic players.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
My most successful bowling seemed to occur when I based my run up on a combination of Merv Hughes (I think it was him with the 45 degree approach?) and Bob Willis, for running with my legs out straight in a stupid fashion.

I'm guessing I distracted the batsmen rather than beat them!
The other day I was facing a bowler who jogs on the spot at the top of her mark before she bowls... I was laughing so hard each ball..... ANd she got the last laugh... Bowled

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Rik said:
I'm guessing Age_Master is a combination of Micheal Clarke and Brett Lee. Since I've heard Lee is one of the best hitters of the ball in the World I would put him for the batting and Clarke who is better than most English spinners, for the bowling...:)
how did you guess rik

well actually Ian Harvey

Batting - slogger, use feet well vs spinners - across between Harvey, Hayden - i charge pace all the time, Knight

Bowling - Outswinger - not really similar to anyone ive seen

Fielding - Great hands, close and outfield, crap arm though

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Batting: Sachin Tendulkar
Bowling: Glenn McGrath
Fielding: Jonty Rhodes

Oh, seriously?
Batting: Can't think of anyone bad enough...
Bowling: Ian Salisbury
Fielding: Michael Vaughan. Prone to incredible inconsistency. Or SA in the World Cup

Langeveldt

Soutie
Im more of an Ian Salisbury type bowler (ie horribly flat sometimes), but have an exact replica of MacGill now

I used to have an action like Mushtaq Ahmed, with a double windmill and ball out the back of the hand, but I got back and knee trouble and was told to change it by my coach:(

PY

International Coach
Batting - S h i t e Afridi
Bowling - Mark Butcher

Fielding - Dunno, maybe Neil can say?