• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Compare yourself to an international player...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
*** bows down and worships Broncoman since he's clearly the best all rounder in the world since he's like Shane Watson but more economical ***
fair go marc........

Dingo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'm a Brad Hogg clone - left-arm wrist-spin, left hand batsman, always running around in the field, panned by critics, shunned by everybody until the star spinner gets hurt :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
When I was 16, I overheard a guy likening me to John Snow (who was a bit tasty at the time).

Now I'm 50, it'll have to be Peter Snow.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
PY said:
Batting - S h i t e Afridi
Bowling - Mark Butcher

Fielding - Dunno, maybe Neil can say?
Afridi, pfft... Michael Vaughan (in ODIs) more like.

As a keeper, Trescothick
In the outfield, Flintoff :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Ive actually been likened to Tom Graveny when I bat, who was he?!

Apparantly because I look poncy and elegant, (while batting)..Doesnt normally reflect in the scorebook though

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Well my bowling action is very similar to Brett Lee and a bit like Ashish Nehra. In batting I'm a bit of a mixed bag but to point out somebody who resembles my technique a bit, it would be Darren Ganga and Brian Lara....a bit of both.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Batting, I was dubbed as the right handed Saeed Anwar. Havent scored above 150 yet though.

My bowling action is well a fair mix of a certain Brett lee? and Waqar younis. I am not half as deadly.

In bowling, i am trying to ape the latest pace sensation "Avishkar Salvi", am right handed and i bat more or less like Powell.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
Ive actually been likened to Tom Graveny when I bat, who was he?!
A great former Worcestershire player - probably in their all time XI I would have thought.

Chris would know more.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
A great former Worcestershire player - probably in their all time XI I would have thought.

Chris would know more.
Played for England if I remember correctly.

Cloete

International Captain
My batting would be most like Michael Bevan
Bowling - Shane Warne (almost EXACTLY like him, i get huge amounts of spin as well. my action is exactly like his)
fielding - jonty rhodes

of course i'm not as good as n e of these players :D

V Reddy

International Debutant
Batting - I copied Ramps style and feeling much better batting now-a-days. Other wise used to bat very well in nets and very horribly in matches.

Bowling - Copied Gough's action. I get much pace with this action and always get some in-swing with this action when i bowl it full and always get the batsman in trouble with this action. I am very confident in my bowling abilities :D .

Fielding - Always one of the better fielders of my side. Used to be a good ground fielder and poor catcher but alright in catching now

Langeveldt

Soutie
R_Powell_fan said:
So......what does everyone think of young players modeling the actions and techniques of their icons ?

No problem with that..Look where that has got Virender Sehwag!

Shane Warne revolutionised the game with many people who may have been fast bowlers wanting to bowl just like him (Including me)..Now I have got a Stewart MacGill action (Sign of changing times!) and it has helped me to no end.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
in Batting

Im more of a dan vettori mixed with Bichel style as in they can stay in there for ages and help the team win and plus manage to score big sometimes and help the team out of trouble..ive got a lot straighter bat and do proper drives than an ordinary number 7

Bowling

Ive copied Harbajan singhs style being an off spinner almost got similar styles as him and can get almost as much spin aswell as him prolly get better as i grow up learning new things

Fielding

Im fast around the field prolly like dan vettori aswell always committed and trying real hard all the time in the field