• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa v England 2009-2010

Beadle

Cricket Spectator
We hope to be in SA for the test series against Enlgand in 2009-2010. Please can anyone give me any idea when fixtures for the series will be announced so that we can be in the right city at the right time! In particular we will want to watch the Nelands test. Many thanks for the anticipated help.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
I don't know where you can find a full list of the fixtures, but the Newlands Test is almost always the New Year's Test, from 2 to 6 January.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Having been bored out of my mind this Christmas and New Year, I'm also more than tempted by South Africa at Christmas in 2009, and the Ashes in 2010... but neither have fixtures or itineraries confirmed at all yet.

Wondering at the moment, with the luxury of advance thinking, whether it's the best bet to get a tour package or book everything - flights, hotels, matches (surely you can get away paying on the gate in SA?) - separately...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Having been bored out of my mind this Christmas and New Year, I'm also more than tempted by South Africa at Christmas in 2009, and the Ashes in 2010... but neither have fixtures or itineraries confirmed at all yet.

Wondering at the moment, with the luxury of advance thinking, whether it's the best bet to get a tour package or book everything - flights, hotels, matches (surely you can get away paying on the gate in SA?) - separately...
If you are intent on travelling to say all the tests and around the country book the package but if you merely want to stay in one part of the country then go separate, for it is a better value for money. You can pay peanuts for test match tickets locally (especially in Durban and at the gate) as opposed to paying through your teeth with tour companies. Although, the problem with that is your transport will have to be done on your lonesome and getting to say Kingsmead, from the opulence of suburban Durban is not a bundle of laughs.

Protean

State Regular

Can definitely pay at the gate, matches never completely full.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't think a ground in South Africa has been full for a single Test since readmission. Might be wrong.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Cheaper to pay at the gate.. I've been given tickets outside ODI's in South Africa before for free... Reckon we could get a CWSA II meetup going?

cpnend

Cricket Spectator
Now that we're getting a bit closer and serious planning is underway, can anyone tell me, if you buy tickets for the Railway Stand you can move freely onto the hill next to it?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hmm, thinking about it again, seriously. Anyone who's toured before advise me of companies to use or avoid?