• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

XXXX Gold Beach Cricket

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Anyone been watching it? Some very good times. Astle bowling like Thompson to Thompson, and then Thompson hitting it for 6 was hilarious. Really good concept for mine.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Over it. They could make it more interesting by holding comps with the public, picking the best couple of players and getting them involved somehow but as a spectacle, I've found it relatively ordinary to watch.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Why aren't there any fielders in the water? That's the best part of beach cricket imo.
I agree they should have taken out the stand on the right hand side (as we see it from TV) and made about 5 metres of water a part of the field. Would be much more interesting. I enjoy watching the ball swing, especially Astle's deliveries.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Just really like watching the older players tbh. Good banter between them all and some awesome swinging deliveries.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I really enjoyed watching this afternoon too.

Was great to see the likes of Nash, Cairns, Astle and co again.

Burgey

What happened in the 2nd game yesterday? I think it was meant to be Aus v NZ.

Burgey

It was Aus v NZ :huh:
Yeah, i figured that!!

I saw the early game between Australia and England where the Aussies chased 90-odd, despite having Stuart Law in the side (it was the game where Lehman did his hammie) but wasn't there meant to be a later game between Aus & NZ? If there was, who won it?

howardj

International Coach
What's the point of guff like this? If a contest is not full-on, then all you're really watching it for is because the people involved are famous.

Good blokes though.

Can't believe Boof did a hammy. lol

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yeah, i figured that!!

I saw the early game between Australia and England where the Aussies chased 90-odd, despite having Stuart Law in the side (it was the game where Lehman did his hammie) but wasn't there meant to be a later game between Aus & NZ? If there was, who won it?
NZ won by 20 odd runs.

Kiwis batted first and made 105 with Greatbatch and Astle getting off to a cracking start which set up the win really.

Australia finished on 80 odd.