• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in West Indies Thread

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Well yeah, because we're English!
Well they can leave me out of it...I'm a fully qualified dual national with an American Passport...:saint:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hunpack de dominors an re-write de record books.

Chanderpaul's hundred is one of the greatest, under the circumstances I have ever been privileged to watch in my life.

69 balls faced, batting with an injured Ridley Jacobs who's batting with a runner, Shiv's just stroked the ball to all parts.

Last edited:

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
What is Chanderpaul up to ? He has blasted 100 in 70 balls !!

I have never seen Chanderpaul playing so aggressively.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Incredible! 184-5 in 39 at a runrate of 4.72!:O

Chanderpaul is playing the innings of his life! I hope the West Indies can fight their way to a good total.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
aussie_beater said:
What is Chanderpaul up to ? He has blasted 100 in 70 balls !!

I have never seen Chanderpaul playing so aggressively.
I've never seen him play agressively...:wow:

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Asoka De Silva has given some atrocious decisions over the years...I am not so sure if he should be in the elite panel at all.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
aussie_beater said:
Asoka De Silva has given some atrocious decisions over the years...I am not so sure if he should be in the elite panel at all.
Yes, I know that the Indian team has been at the wrong end of his decisions quite often in recent times. He should be removed from the elite panel at the earliest. Umpires like him make the word elite lose meaning.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
This match has gone insane...fast bowlers getting belted out of the ground...a run rate of 4.83...a century off 69 balls...what more!!!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Some of the umpiring decisions have left me a little perplexed.

Four leg-befores were clearly nonsensical. Not just bad decisions - utterly appalling decisions.

Two where the ball pitched at least 3 inches outside leg stump, one where it was so obvious the batsman hit it that I couldn't even believe that the bowler appealed (let alone that the umpire replied in the affirmative) and the last one (Dillon) where the batsman was playing a shot, the point of contact was at least 3 inches outside off stump and the ball was turning away, for goodness sake. It wouldn't even have come close to another set of stumps.

Are de Silva and Koertzen on something?

It's no wonder sides appeal for anything when jokes like this keep happening.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
In defence of Asoka, he had a very good summer series between England and India.

Seems like this is Australia's for the taking, unless someone other than Chanderpaul or Jacobs performs...

Will be time to get the Test Rankings thread updated soon :)

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Looks like the WI batsman are still in SA playing in the world cup :) ....but Chandrapaul's ton must have been something special(I wish I had seen the match)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hasn't rained in months in Guyana this year though......:(

Horrible umpiring from Asoka DeSilva so far....it's a shame really.

On a positive note, Lara and Chanders are in form with a very good knock from Jacobs. It's been some rather innovative captaincy from Lara so far. It may work....the orthodox hasn't generally worked against the Aussies.

Lawson looks to be in good aggreassive rhythm with Collins very tight.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rik said:
Liam I'm about to bake your humble pie...
Yeh Rik. One innings (which was not out BTW) makes a guy a bad captain captain ..........right........

Good reasoning Rik. You never cease to amaze me.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
The Aussies seem to be coasting right now at 119 for 1, just 118 behind with 9 wickets in hand.

Langeveldt

Soutie
WI look in a bit of bother, at the close of play especially on the injury front.

Jacobs looked really uncomfortable batting, and Chanderpauls dismissall was sickening, right on the inside knee, ouch!

Havent seen much of Lawson, he looks like a real find though! Hope Devon Smith can score some runs and isnt out to a shocker next time around

Good eventful first days play though...I say 3-0 Aus...