• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sharjah Cup Thread

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Pak-Zim

Razzaq goes insane and belts 76 off 53 balls at number 8, new Skip Latif plays a cameo 34 off 36, Younis Khan hits a nice 67 and Sami belts a 6 in the last over. Pakistan get off the hook after slipping to 101-5. Good bowling from Streak (2-31), hopefully this is a welcome return to form, and Blignaut (2-50) who suffered near the end, and an interisting idea to try Rennie (a talented spinner in his early years, 5-0-27-0) with the ball. The selectors really need to think about Ervine, he can pick up wickets but what happened to him when Razzaq got his eye in (24 runs with a 4 and 3 6s) is becoming all too familier. Hondo is also looking less and less like Olonga's replacement, oddly his form has dropped since Olonga started his campagne. 279 to win then.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Gee... I didn't even know that today there was a match:duh: . I just looked at the scores and why didn't Friend bowl? Was he injured , Rik? But he batted at no.3. When Zim is involved there is bound to be confusion:rolleyes:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
vishnureddy said:
Gee... I didn't even know that today there was a match:duh: . I just looked at the scores and why didn't Friend bowl? Was he injured , Rik? But he batted at no.3. When Zim is involved there is bound to be confusion:rolleyes:
I don't know why he didn't bowl, he hasn't bowled for Zimbabwe for a while, I think they have regarded him as a batsman since he hit 91 in a ODI innings and have only bowled him occasionally since, giving him a few overs or lately none at all. When they open the batting with Marillier and put Flowe and Rennie, 2 players who have scored well as openers, down the order as all-rounders then it just shows the mess they are in. Ervine and Hondo wouldn't get into an English county, and I cannot see why they keep persevering with them...after all the times they have shown they are not good enough or not ready for promotion to the team.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
krkode said:
My my, seems like it was quite an innings...
His 76no. off 40 odd balls against England a few years ago I'd say was better, simply because it's the best piece of aggressive last 10 overs hitting I have ever seen, I don't think there was a slog in it. Increadibly England still won thanks to Andy Flintoff's 82...:O

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Are you guys getting Sharjah Cup coverage there in England?
You think we can get coverage of an even that doesn't include England when we couldn't even get coverage of the VB Series or the WC??? :rolleyes:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Who ever is the opening bowler with Sami he looks to be good taking wickets in both the games and quite low on the run rate too

Legglancer

State Regular
It's quite a pleasent suprise to see the new Pakistan outfit playing quite admirably considering the massive scale restructuring they have undergone. The batting looks a bit fragile but their bowling and fieliding looks refreshing and alert. Umar Gul looks like a pretty tough customer.

Where is Akhter, Zahid, Azhar,Waseem waqar???? This Pak team seems to be more of a Pak A team.

Gul seems to be a fine prospect , and this new guy hafeez is a brilliant fielder.

Legglancer

State Regular
Good Show by Pakistan .... beating Sri Lanka quite easily in the end. Eventhough Sri Lanka themselves are currently in a experimental phase the pakistanis held their nerve well under pressure. Kudos to them !

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, the Pakistanis look like they are making a determined effort to climb out of the slump. Excellent performances in both the matches so far.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
The good performance by the Pakistani youngsters is probably a bad news for the seniors. 3 of the 7 discarded seniors in Saqi,Inzi and Akhter will make a come back, others will probably never get a place in the team !

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Well, very good effort by the young Pakistani's. I am very impressed by Hafeez, he is one of those players that look like International material, and he gives the right sort of vibes to suggest that he could make a mark here.

Gul is an alright pacer, though I am not convinced that he will be able to sustain a place in the side unless he becomes more pentrative. HE's taken good wickets so far and I would be willing t ogive him a good full torunament, but Zahid will have to sit for that to happen.

Choora

State Regular
I read a statement by Shoaib Akhter saying that it was a good move by PCB 2 give chance 2 new players.I'm not sure Akhter really meant that, the way new bowlers are delivering for Pakistan Akhter's and co own place in the team would be in danger:P

yohanna

Banned
Gotchya said:
Well, very good effort by the young Pakistani's. I am very impressed by Hafeez, he is one of those players that look like International material, and he gives the right sort of vibes to suggest that he could make a mark here.

Gul is an alright pacer, though I am not convinced that he will be able to sustain a place in the side unless he becomes more pentrative. HE's taken good wickets so far and I would be willing t ogive him a good full torunament, but Zahid will have to sit for that to happen.

Well i haven't seen the matches but i had high hopes from Gul, he is suppose to be the best upcomming pacer from Pak .I saw him in junior world cup and he looked good to me.

As for Zahid, there are reports abouut him which suggest that he's still haven't recovered from injuries, as such i think others should be given a chance rather than sticking with an injury prone pacer.