• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best bowler

G

The best leg spinner is Shane Warne, without a doubt. Off spinner is Muttiah Muralitharan.
Pace bowlers are probably Glenn McGrath, and maybe Shaun Pollock.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
The best leg spinner is Shane Warne, without a doubt. Off spinner is Muttiah Muralitharan.
Pace bowlers are probably Glenn McGrath, and maybe Shaun Pollock.
of al time ??

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Waughney said:
This thread was made by a guest over 2 1/2 years ago........
Obviously the guest was Dennis Lillee.

We don't allow guests to post or to create threads now.
Don't allow Dennis Lillee on the site either.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
and yet there is no room for steve harmison?

(considering we are talking about the present?)

FRAZ

International Captain
Harmison(Over all Fantastic,Bounce,Length) , Shoaib Akhtar(fearsome,Unpredictable Change of Pace, And just amazing ) , Glenn Mcgrath (two words Line and Length)

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
hahah it's so funny i remember last time i saw harmison in austrlia he was so bad he bowled 8 wides in a row one time. it's going to be good to see him actually performing now

FRAZ

International Captain
Slats trust me , Harmison bowled at a speed of 96 MPH against Srilanka and his length was spot on and his landing was absolutely remarkable . I admire gillespie too but gillespie has problems now .During ICC bravo impressed me along with Rana Naveed Ul Hassan . But Harmison along with Shoaib Akhtar are the men of the tournament for me ...

Swervy

International Captain
a massive zebra said:
I would not say length was one of Harmison's strengths - he often bowls short.
its called exploiting height and pace...he does it brilliantly at the moment

FRAZ

International Captain
^ yup right . He has become my favourite bowler and I wanna see a battle between Inzi and Harmison + shoaib vs flintoff

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In Tests he very often tries to pin people on the back foot then get them with the fuller delivery, he does tend to over-pitch the fuller one tho and it becomes full enough to play even on the back foot, he's not very consistent with his yorker either tho when he gets it right it's often curtains for the batsman.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Slats4ever said:
hahah it's so funny i remember last time i saw harmison in austrlia he was so bad he bowled 8 wides in a row one time.

yeah he was so awful the whole time he was out here.... mind you the whole team were for the most part of the series.

i remember the headline after the first day of teh GABBA test

Can anyone in england play cricket?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
age_master said:
yeah he was so awful the whole time he was out here.... mind you the whole team were for the most part of the series.

i remember the headline after the first day of teh GABBA test

Can anyone in england play cricket?
That must weigh heavily on Damien Martyn's shoulders - getting out to such a duffer three times.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Slats4ever said:
hahah it's so funny i remember last time i saw harmison in austrlia he was so bad he bowled 8 wides in a row one time. it's going to be good to see him actually performing now
That was in a meaningless 12-a-side game.
Far more significant was the 3 games in the 2nd half of the VB Series, where he got hammered for about 7-an-over and bowled about 15 wides.
And he doesn't spear anywhere near as many balls down leg now as he used to, no.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
That was in a meaningless 12-a-side game.
Far more significant was the 3 games in the 2nd half of the VB Series, where he got hammered for about 7-an-over and bowled about 15 wides.
And he doesn't spear anywhere near as many balls down leg now as he used to, no.
I don't think he bowled wide deliberately due to the status of the match, but yes he has improved considerably.