• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Team for Dhaka Announced!!!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
vandemataram said:
Oh come on, there are also good reports in news paper on Balaji, Pathan,Z hussain, Iqbal siddique, Youhannan etc, Mumbai is simply not the factor.
Unrest in the ranks :D

V Reddy

International Debutant
vandemataram said:
Oh come on, there are also good reports in news paper on Balaji, Pathan,Z hussain, Iqbal siddique, Youhannan etc, Mumbai is simply not the factor.

I have seen Salvi and he looks a very good bowler to me, maybe i shouldn't have compared him with Glen (that was a bit over the top :P ). But one thing i can say for sure, Avishkar Salvi is here to stay, he's not going to disappear like Tinu, Ganesh etc.The guy is hell talented, and someone with lots of confidence and passion for cricket!
Maybe my statement was a bit enlarged. But i get really angry when Gavaskar,Ravi and Bhogle just go on talking that Ajit should be picked. They say if 6 batsmen can't do the job then how can you expect the 7 th to do even after India has won so many many matches b'coz of the 7 th batsman. They always say Ajit is a strike bowler and should be picked. If any decent bowler got as many chances as he got then he would have secured his place.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yea they always go on about Ajit needing to be selected

HE IS PURE CRAP i tell you and thats it , the only reason hes in is because he is from mumbai like when kambli used to be kept brought in....

they should groom someone else instead of agarkar..

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
lord_of_darkness said:
Yea they always go on about Ajit needing to be selected

HE IS PURE CRAP i tell you and thats it , the only reason hes in is because he is from mumbai like when kambli used to be kept brought in....

they should groom someone else instead of agarkar..
How could you be so hard on our hero! We see him little enough as it is...

Kambli had a Test Average of 52 with a double century, you can't fluke that...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
How could you be so hard on our hero! We see him little enough as it is...
cant handle him even 1 tiny bit

and Kambli was good in his prime almost as good as Sachin similar style but with an avg of 52 for test ask ur self where has he been then for the past 2-3 or more years?

playing fc in S.A.F but has he ever been considered for selections till now ?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
lord_of_darkness said:
cant handle him even 1 tiny bit

and Kambli was good in his prime almost as good as Sachin similar style but with an avg of 52 for test ask ur self where has he been then for the past 2-3 or more years?

playing fc in S.A.F but has he ever been considered for selections till now ?
Well he has a FC Average of 60odd to prove it's not a fluke too. I think he just fell out of favour with the selectors after a few discipline problems.

Ringua

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
marc71178 said:
Ironic that seeing as I wasn't responding to you!

Oh really, but your posts suggest otherwise!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Ringua
Salvi has potential, he's more of a line and length pacer than just speed, i read an interview in which he had said that he has modelled himself after Glen McGrath.If he can be half as good as Glen then India would be highly fortunate!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I model my batting on SRT and my bowling on McGrath - surely I must be one of the greatest all rounders ever?!

Oops!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I quoted the wrong post, I was actually respondig to the one after you. Easy mistake to make.

Choora

State Regular
vishnureddy said:
Maybe my statement was a bit enlarged. But i get really angry when Gavaskar,Ravi and Bhogle just go on talking that Ajit should be picked. They say if 6 batsmen can't do the job then how can you expect the 7 th to do even after India has won so many many matches b'coz of the 7 th batsman. They always say Ajit is a strike bowler and should be picked. If any decent bowler got as many chances as he got then he would have secured his place.

Maybe the mentioned former cricketers happens 2 believe in the "KAR theory:P ", according 2 which, whichever Indian player's name end in "KAR" is bound to deliver good for India. Examples
GavasKAR, VengsarKAR, PrabharKAR, TendulKAR, WadeKAR........... and everyone's beloved AgarKAR ..The last fellow is problematic as he has't done great at any format of the game, but some guys seems to have faith in him probably just because of his name:lol:

Another guy to watch out for is AvishKAR, i guess AgarKAR is probably probably end up as the lone failure in the "Kar Group":D

masterblaster

International Captain
Well, there has been Hrishikesh KanitKAR who has been a total flop in International Cricket.

He is playing superbly well in domestic cricket of late for maharashtra, but unfortunately for him, he cant get into this strong Indian line-up.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Choora said:
I guess AgarKAR is probably probably end up as the lone failure in the "Kar Group":D
100+ ODI wickets at 29 + the fastest to 50 ODI wickets doesn't look like a failure...

Choora

State Regular
Rik said:
100+ ODI wickets at 29 + the fastest to 50 ODI wickets doesn't look like a failure...
Well he's a failure at the longer format of the game. In ODI Ajit has performed well at different time, but he has hardly been consistent!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Choora said:
Well he's a failure at the longer format of the game. In ODI Ajit has performed well at different time, but he has hardly been consistent!
Yeah in Tests his bowling is just not effective. I still feel he has a role to play in the Indian ODI team, as an All-Rounder, though he would need to work on his batting a bit. He's surely better than Bangar who's bowling is nowhere near international class and sometimes so is his batting.