• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb meet-up?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Looking at the English grounds, I think I've found a pretty central one for the members (and the one who would have to come the furthest is keen)

The date: Sunday 24th August (Bank Holiday Weekend)
The event: NCL - Warwickshire Bears vs. Kent Spitfires
The venue: Edgbaston.

Anyone else interested in attending?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
That cancels me out, although I am in Australia from the 11th to the 23rd of April (Melbourne & Adelaide) if anyone is interested.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
although the sydney meet up never happened i think we should try and arrange one for next season some time, maybe an ING cup game at North Sydney or SCG or somewhere like that.

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Looking at the English grounds, I think I've found a pretty central one for the members (and the one who would have to come the furthest is keen)

The date: Sunday 24th August (Bank Holiday Weekend)
The event: NCL - Warwickshire Bears vs. Kent Spitfires
The venue: Edgbaston.

Anyone else interested in attending?
The fact nobody on this forum lives above Warwickshire (Edgbaston) on the map, surley somewhere like Surrey / Middlesex etc is more of a centeral location (or the London area in general) :P

That way the guys (and girls) down in the South could get there easier (Baz, John, Anna etc etc)

But hey wherever it ends up iam intrested :)

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Well i'm think maybe i organise one in Auckland next year.

IF I make the state team again next year then we travel up for a couple of games.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I live above Warwickshire...albiet only just :P

This group I was on met up and all they did was start not liking each other, so maybe count me out.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Re: Re: Cricketweb meet-up?

Rich2001 said:
The fact nobody on this forum lives above Warwickshire (Edgbaston) on the map, surley somewhere like Surrey / Middlesex etc is more of a centeral location (or the London area in general) :P

That way the guys (and girls) down in the South could get there easier (Baz, John, Anna etc etc)

But hey wherever it ends up iam intrested :)

Its just as far if not further to London for us people down in the south west. Its also more expensive and harder to get to... Id rather go to Warwickshire if anywhere

Arent there a few people from Lincolnshire (Neil, Proud + English)?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
I live above Warwickshire...albiet only just :P

This group I was on met up and all they did was start not liking each other, so maybe count me out.
Thank God for that! ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Thank God for that! ;)
You wish ;)

You'll see me around sometime...when Si and Andre are coming over maybe :P

I'll be at Edgebaston for a few games this season, maybe it might include that one ;)

Anna

International Vice-Captain
You coming down to any Somerset games Rik, seeing as you can now drive?

PY

International Coach
Yeh, I've changed my name now since my brother pointed out that PROUD+ENGLISH was very poor grammar so I'm PY now. SMARTARSE. :!( But yeh, me and Neily live in sunny Lincolnshire so guess that the sweeping statement about no-one being above Warwickshire is bit crazy. Would be interested if it falls at the right time. Bit of a laugh. :)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Anna said:
You coming down to any Somerset games Rik, seeing as you can now drive?
My test ain't for a month and a bit and I would have to pass it + I need to somehow save up 200 quid for T in the Park...so maybe, I'll see what I can do :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
PY said:
Yeh, I've changed my name now since my brother pointed out that PROUD+ENGLISH was very poor grammar so I'm PY now. SMARTARSE. :!( But yeh, me and Neily live in sunny Lincolnshire so guess that the sweeping statement about no-one being above Warwickshire is bit crazy. Would be interested if it falls at the right time. Bit of a laugh. :)
As above :)

Rich2001

International Captain
PY said:
But yeh, me and Neily live in sunny Lincolnshire so guess that the sweeping statement about no-one being above Warwickshire is bit crazy.
Well I guess I should aplogize for not remembering everyone (in England) who is on the forum and their excatly location of residence then.

Rich2001 - Says sorry to all those he forgot and located in the wrong part of the UK.

:P :P :P :P :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: