• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brian Lara (Captain), Sarwan (deputy)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Yep....and Steve Waugh's never lost a Test by a large margin, nor has Nasser.....

5 in a row in the same manner?

Then what were you trying to accomplish by bringing up Warwickshire when we're talking about Test captaincy?

To show evidence...something you still haven't given me...

If I had stated my opinion first and you stated your opinion after (which is what I did- my thread) then wouldn't it be you "picking a fight". Why is it that because my opinion is opposite to your opinion, it's a fight? Wouldn't it just be a debate?

No it is called picking a fight because I stated something and you claim it is all crap without giving me anything to prove my views are wrong. This world has many different people with different views, learn to accept them.

I only claim it when it's true. If the statement was sensible, I wouldn't have.
Liam, give me a reason why it's not sensible. The guy showed he was not interisted in the captaincy, he has a poor record to back that up and he has done nothing lately to suggest he even deserves a 2nd chance. That is my view, I have also backed it up, now you have a go.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Rik - You've now left me confused because of the things you say...one moment its this, the other moment its the opposite..... try to be more clear :D

So, to sum up ::cool2: :cool2: :cool2:
Things for Lara:
*Good tatician (based on MrMxyzptlk's seeing him for a few years)
*Return's to the helm (captain) with a fresh approach after previous failures.
*Lara's a motivator for the youngsters...

Things against Lara:
*Bad tatician (based on Rik's seeing him for one test)
*Has made his suffer a whitewashe when he was captain against SA, this is a negative point because Steve Waugh and the Aussies haven't haven't been whitewashed.............
*" lack of interest" (according to Rik) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
*Return's to the helm (captain) with a fresh approach after previous failures.
All I've heard from Lara is about his 'professional duty' to take on the captaincy, nothing about how he 'wants' to be captain. Whether this has the makings of a successful captain in a developing squad remains to be seen.

*Lara's a motivator for the youngsters...
Again, this is debatable. Hooper seemed to be genuinely concerned for the youngsters in the team whereas Lara seems to be a lead-by-example kind of guy. Greg Chappell was the same. It doesn't always work and in my opinion it won't work this time either. If it does, I'll be the first to applaud of course.

I still say Lara should never have been made captain in the first place but there you go. Those who forget history and doomed to repeat it and I think that's what'll happen in this series. Either way, it should be pretty awesome to keep track of.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
In the post I wasn't explaining my viewpoint, I was just listing the key points that the argument(not a debate) between Rik and Liam....

Mr Mxyzptlk

Rik said:
5 in a row in the same manner?[/B]
I'm sorry Rik, wasn't it one Test that you saw?

To show evidence...something you still haven't given me...
As I stated before, County Cricket is not Test Cricket....therefore, your evidence is negligible.

Liam, give me a reason why it's not sensible. The guy showed he was not interisted in the captaincy, he has a poor record to back that up and he has done nothing lately to suggest he even deserves a 2nd chance. That is my view, I have also backed it up, now you have a go.
That's not what I said was crap. What I said was that you were talking crap because you changed your opinion. First you said that he may have changed since, then you made a sweeping statement to oppose your first.

Cloete

International Captain
I think the man for the job would be Chanderpaul. he's got loads of experience but is still ony 26(?)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cloete said:
I think the man for the job would be Chanderpaul. he's got loads of experience but is still ony 26(?)
You've obviously never seen Chanders captain. He's not an imposing personlity and as such, he doesn't seem to get the respect a captain should. He tactics are also quite questionable. Great player though!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You've obviously never seen Chanders captain. He's not an imposing personlity and as such, he doesn't seem to get the respect a captain should. He tactics are also quite questionable.
Really! In that case, there really doesn't seem to be an alternative for Lara at present.