• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The English Season is only 2 weeks away

chris.hinton

International Captain
Do you think that England will pick A " Wayne Rooney type of players" An 18 year old who looks Excellent in CC and fast-track him like Shafyat

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
I'm going on what I've seen of him as well
Well since you're always telling us how you don't have SKY, you can only have seen him in 2 matches, his first 2 when he was probably a tad nervous?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
Do you think that England will pick A " Wayne Rooney type of players" An 18 year old who looks Excellent in CC and fast-track him like Shafyat
Interesting point, but I can't see it being fair on the young players such as Key, Bell, Troughton (and my personal favourite Rikki Clarke) to ignore them without giving them a fair crack at the whip.

If Shafayat has a good season, mark him down for a debut in Bangladesh maybe?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rich2001 said:
They might have, but unlike Hick they have pulled through. Butcher had some silly avg high 50's since returing to the side,
It's now 42.90, but of those 23 matches, he's played 10 against Aus (averaging 40.73), so that's a very good effort if you ask me.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
It's now 42.90, but of those 23 matches, he's played 10 against Aus (averaging 40.73), so that's a very good effort if you ask me.
He's even managed to stop me slagging him off :)

For Wayne Rooney read James Anderson.