• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia didn't play the Sydney test in the true spirit of the game?

bond21

Banned
yea well that was ponting..

Clarke knew he caught it, Ponting was just telling the umpire what Clarke said.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
duno wtf krumble is on about.....

there are only 3 situations that he could mean.

1. Symonds not walking off the ground when he got given not out. Ok so Gilchrist and Sangakkara walk when they nick it, who the hell else does? I bet Krumble doesnt walk.

2. Harbhajan calling Symonds over and insulting him. Symonds basically responded and walked away...doubt this is it unless Krumble is insane which i dont fully rule out.

3. Clarke claiming a catch that was not a sitter at chest height. Not as if Clarke dropped it and picked it up and knew he dropped it, he thought he caught it.
Come on mate... Don't joke... Both you and I know that there are at least 6-10 more incidents of that sort... Were you tired after mentioning 3?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why is Gilly's appeal poor, he has every right to make an appeal and umpire has every right to hold the final verdict, walking is Gilly's personal choice but making appeals is a team thing.
Jumping up and down like he's scored an edge when he would have known pretty well it took nothing but pad was poor, in my view. Sure you can argue the players should be able to make as much noise as they want and the umpire have the concentration of Gary Kasparov on Ritalin in order to be able to look past it but this ignores reality; umpires are influenced by the vehemence of the appeal. This, however, makes him no different to every bloody wicket-keeper I've ever played with or against, though. :D

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This, however, makes him no different to every bloody wicket-keeper I've ever played with or against, though. :D
And that is the whole crux of the issue

Noise as ball passes bat - appeal

Hit on pad remotely near line of stumps - appeal

Catch taken from ricochet remotely near bat - appeal

Happens in virtually every innings of every game played anywhere in the world - I dare say that even some of the more holier than thou posters present in the past few days have been guilty of same

It's being singled out here because of a couple of umpiring howlers

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
And that is the whole crux of the issue

Noise as ball passes bat - appeal

Hit on pad remotely near line of stumps - appeal

Catch taken from ricochet remotely near bat - appeal

Happens in virtually every innings of every game played anywhere in the world - I dare say that even some of the more holier than thou posters present in the past few days have been guilty of same

It's being singled out here because of a couple of umpiring howlers
You do realise that he mentions in his book that he never appeals if he has not see it.
If you are stooping low then admit it ,not try to take the moral high ground also like ponting and gilchrist are doing.

social

You do realise that he mentions in his book that he never appeals if he has not see it.
If you are stooping low then admit it ,not try to take the moral high ground also like ponting and gilchrist are doing.
He heard a noise, caught it and appealed - happens every day from the back-yard to the SCG

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
india are nothing more than a pack of sore losers who are just jealous of australias success, cricket is indias number 1 sport , its not australias yet australia is still so much better

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
india are nothing more than a pack of sore losers who are just jealous of australias success, cricket is indias number 1 sport , its not australias yet australia is still so much better
No time for this sort of trolling. If this is how you're going to post, then you won't be welcome.

duffer

Yeah wow, you can beat thrid world countires with a fraction of the sporting infrastructure. How awesome are you.