• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW 1sts vs CW Prems ! 6 O.D.Is and 4 Tests ! News, Views...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Cricket Web Premiers are touring the Cricket Web 1st elevens in 6 evenly contested O.D.I's and 4 test matches ,
the tough battle for Cricketweb Supremecy and for the title of
"CW OD Champions" and "CW Test Champions"

News , Views and Discussions regarding the games must be done here thanks !

Squads in no general Order and (Batting order for 1st OD )for the Home team first

Cricketweb 1st Elevens

1.Krkode
2.Broncoman
3.Cloete ( V Cap )
4.Gotchya
5.Tamara
6.Rik
7.Tim
8.Langeveldt ( Cap )
9.GregBlewett
10.Andre ( W )
11.Top_Cat

Cricketweb Premiers

Mr Mxyzptlk
Paid_the_Umpire
Argonaut
Ryan_t2002 ( W.k )
Sunil Havascar ( V.Cap )
MasterBlaster
Lord_of_Darkness ( Cap )
LuckyEddie
Umpire Money
David
Vishnureddy

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
1st O.D.I

CW 1sts vs CW Prems to be played at Victory Park ( 1sts home ground ) to be played on shortly

news from the ground

Its hot out there and the 1sts Curators have done a wonderful job in giving us a good pitch it works well for the fast bowlers in the first 10-15 given they put the effort but as the day goes the spinners can extract lots of turn from it , favouring the 1sts team.

Game to start Shortly

Cloete

International Captain
can't wait :D :D :D . hopefully i'm in amongst the runs again :D . also may-b i'll get a bowl :)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
CW 1sts won the toss and elected to field - a.i and it was a right choice according to pitch analyisis too..

Umpires Today - Simon Taufell ( Aus ) , Steve Bucknor ( W.I ), David Sheperd ( 3rd Umpire )

CW 1sts vs CW Prems
Played at 1sts Valley
CW Prems - Batting
4s 6s
M Mxyzptlk c Andre b Tim 19 39 1 0
P Umpire run out (Rik) 11 10 1 0
Argonaut c Krokde b Tim 34 52 0 0
T Ryan c Cloete b Tim 1 11 0 0
L Darkness c Andre b Broncoman 73 94 4 0
S Havascar lbw Cloete 14 31 1 0
M Blaster c Tim b Tamara 29 33 3 0
L Eddie not out 29 23 4 0
U Money not out 6 7 0 0

(7 wickets , 50.0 Overs) 216
Fall of Wickets :
15 (2.3,P Umpire) 46 (12.3,M Mxyzptlk) 50 (14.5,T Ryan)
77 (22.3,Argonaut) 120 (34.0,S Havascar) 171 (42.2,M Blaster)
198 (47.0,L Darkness)

CW 1sts - Bowling
O M R W
T Cat 9.0 0 41 0
Langeveldt 10.0 0 37 0
Tim 10.0 1 31 3
Tamara 3.0 0 18 1
Cloete 9.0 0 53 1
Broncoman 9.0 0 36 1

CW 1sts - Batting
4s 6s
Broncoman c M Mxyzptlk b David 22 17 3 0
Krokde c T Ryan b David 11 16 1 0
Gotchya lbw L Eddie 3 5 0 0
Cloete lbw V Reddy 72 67 8 0
Tamara c M Mxyzptlk b David 0 3 0 0
Rik c Argonaut b L Eddie 6 10 0 0
Tim b L Eddie 8 8 1 0
Langeveldt c L Darkness b S Havascar3 8 0 0
G Blewett c L Darkness b V Reddy 47 54 4 0
Andre Not Out 12 9 1 0
T Cat c T Ryan b L Eddie 18 12 2 0

(10 wickets , 34.5 Overs)202
Fall of Wickets :
25 (4.1,Krokde) 36 (6.0,Gotchya) 36 (6.2,Broncoman)
36 (6.5,Tamara) 51 (9.1,Rik) 69 (11.3,Tim)
73 (13.1,Langeveldt) 172 (31.1,Cloete) 173 (31.3,G Blewett)
202 (34.5,T Cat)
CW Prems - Bowling
O M R W
David 6.0 0 34 3
L Eddie 8.5 0 55 4
L Darkness 9.0 0 45 0
S Havascar 8.0 0 44 1
V Reddy 3.0 0 24 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CW Prems Win by 14 runs 1-0 to Prems

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
download the txt file for better viewing of scores etc its neater

And please gives points for M.O.M in order the deserved person gets 3 points and second deserving person gets 2 points and 3rd deserving gets 1 point . Voting only limited to Prem and 1sts Squad members in the case of 1sts even their reserves can vote. Total tally to check M.O.M in the end of series we vote for Man of the series

eg my votes

L.Eddie - 3
Lord - 2
Cloete - 1

Attachments

Langeveldt

Soutie
Definitely not disheartened by that..Well batted Cloete, just a pity some of our top order didnt fire. Looked like a good match though

V Reddy

International Debutant
lord_of_darkness said:
sorry mate u were about to come in to bowl just because v.reddy was getting a bit expensive
Yeah bit of a mixed game . Most expensive bowler but picked up 2 imp wickets and would have added one more if Rik was batting while i was bowling:D

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
mate im happy all our batsmen except ryan got into double figures , u did well at 2 mate no problems

no worries either ryan u kept well mate

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
vishnureddy said:
Yeah bit of a mixed game . Most expensive bowler but picked up 2 imp wickets and would have added one more if Rik was batting while i was bowling:D
Hehehe if someone tries to pick a fight with me in a game then I perform better, there's something about getting one over that gees you up.

I'm quite confused about 6 off 10 with no boundaries...if I hit a ball it stays hit mate, all the way to the boundary! You must have some good fielders ;)

Anyway another direct hit run out, shows all that practising is paying off. Slightly confused about not bowling though, I allways bowl a bit when Langeveldt sims the games.

Last edited:

V Reddy

International Debutant
Rik said:
Hehehe if someone tries to pick a fight with me in a game then I perform better, there's something about getting one over that gees you up.

I'm quite confused about 6 off 10 with no boundaries...if I hit a ball it stays hit mate, all the way to the boundary! You must have some good fielders ;)

Anyway another direct hit run out, shows all that practising is paying off. Slightly confused about not bowling though, I allways bowl a bit when Langeveldt sims the games.
It is called sledging:D . Since i can't do it in the game ,doing it here ;) .About the runout, you must have thrown it some where and luckily hit the stumps:rolleyes: :lol: ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
vishnureddy said:
It is called sledging:D . Since i can't do it in the game ,doing it here ;) .About the runout, you must have thrown it some where and luckily hit the stumps:rolleyes: :lol: ;)
In 30 minutes fielding practise I missed the stumps a total of 3 times...somehow I don't think it was lucky ;)

Sledging just gees me up even more, anyway I find it amusing :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
God if anyone moans any more about not getting a bowl, or only getting out for a low score, I think i might not bother simming any more games.

just chill out, its only a game...You arent trying to prove anything are you??