• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Caddick retires from ODIs

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
I cant see Gough making much of a comeback...

Well that leaves Harmison :D :lol: :lol:
It's no laughing matter :( :( :(

If they give Kirtley another go I hope he takes it, he's a very good bowler.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This isn't exactly a shock. Perhaps, dare I say, toss the ball to....here goes......Cork! This will only be a temporary measure though. England need an experienced bowler in the attack and, although he is not of the highest class, he is more than capable.

I agree with Rik on Kirtley. He a great bowler, especially in the last 10 off an ODI. He bowls straight, at a fair pace and is almost always on a good line. He also changes pace rather well.

Rich2001

International Captain
I know his injured at present, but I can see S.Jones going a long way in the game as long as that injury back in Australia hasn't done to much long term damage.

As for current replacments I guess you have: - Hoggard, Flintoff, Anderson.

Plus the likes of.. Harmision, Tudor, Gough, Kirtley etc who are on the verge of the side or returning from injuires.

(Any of the Kent side could do it quite easy, but the selectors just keep forgeting the guys phone numbers each time they ring around ;) )

krkode

State Captain
Unless Gough returns soon, English bowling looks in trouble in the ODI game. :(

Caddick was also relatively inexperienced in the ODI game, but he's been around the English team for quite a while. They need that experience back... :yawn:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
England have Hoggard, Anderson, Jones, Harmison, Flintoff, Tudor(don't know the names of all the up-and-comers)....I think they can easily do without Caddick. Gough's return is a bit of a question mark, isn't it?

krkode

State Captain
anilramavarma said:
England have Hoggard, Anderson, Jones, Harmison, Flintoff, Tudor(don't know the names of all the up-and-comers)....I think they can easily do without Caddick. Gough's return is a bit of a question mark, isn't it?
But none of them are really experienced and none of them have proven excellence over a long period of time...:yawn:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
anilramavarma said:
Well Gough is if in the "has he lost it" stakes but he's certianly fit enough.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
he wa never the greatest ODI bowler anyway, better off with the likes of hoggard or tudor opening with anderson with flintoff and white 1st change

Mr Mxyzptlk

age_master said:
he wa never the greatest ODI bowler anyway, better off with the likes of hoggard or tudor opening with anderson with flintoff and white 1st change
What a ludicrous suggestion! If Gough plays and is fit, he opens- no questions asked...especially over the like of Tudor!

Mr Mxyzptlk

krkode said:
But none of them are really experienced and none of them have proven excellence over a long period of time...:yawn:
In fairness, they haven't really had the chance to. They haven't been around long enough.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If Gough comes through the first part of the season unscathed for Yorkshire, I expect to see him back in for the Pakistan Series (to which I've got tickets for the First Game) and then the Natwest.

After that, he'll be p[laying against SA hopefully, at which point I think we'll be seeing the end of Caddick in Tests (although I get the impression he'll jack it in at the end of this summer anyway)