• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistani players *fined* for under-achieving

MrPerko

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pakistan's cricketers have reportedly been fined 50% of their World Cup earnings because of their dismall performances.

Apparently this was decided before the WC - and after Australia thrashed then 3-0. It was supposed to be a form of motivation or something during the cup...

Ex-captain Waqar said:
"I think it will bear positive results and be a great motivation for the players to thwart a defeat and always go for the win," he said at the time.

My problem is that isn't playing for your country enough motivation? ? ? Why is money all of a sudden an extra motivation - and being fined for poor performances a consequence? ? ? ? ? ? I'm sure Kenya didn't get as far as they did because money was their motivation!!

Last edited by a moderator: