• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has Grockle eloped to this site?

botham

Cricket Spectator
Grockle seems to have disappeared. Maybe he's returned to Yorks? Maybe he's now a red (the Tractor type)?8D

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Is Grockle Lord Lucan?

Botham, notice you're based in Dorchester. Had never been til last weekend when I took my girlfriend there for the day. Delightful place!

Re grockle. I have emailed him about dual co-operation that we talked about during the winter and he never got back to me and has seemingly disappeared from sight. Having said that, he's uploaded a preview of Somerset in 2003 on the homepage so he must still be around somewhere!!

While you're on the site, I'd appreciate to know as a regualr on grockles.com, what you think of my site honestly. It doesn't have as strong fanbase yet as grockles.com but I hope in time people will visit both sites over the summer. R U going to Southampton 7-9 April for the hampshire game? Good chance to see the lads shake off some rust!!

botham

Cricket Spectator
Greetings

Thoughts on the site, in my humble opinion.

Great site, but only criticism is that I find it annoying when clicking message board, to go to another screen before actually arriving!

Both sites would benefit from being mentioned in official channels such as the newsletter (maybe the new chairman could be sounded out?).

Frome Exile

Cricket Spectator
Hello, Somerset Talk!

Finally overcame my reluctance to go through a registration process simply to use a message board. Have been a regular viewer for some time, though!

In fact, found this site before I found Grockles.com.

You seemed to have quite a hiaitus for a while so I "defected" to Grockle.

Now enjoy both sites, so will get even less work done!

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Frome Exile

Know what ya mean about registering - I forgot you have to do that to post which must put some people off but glad you decided to register.
I try and update regularly so people come back but it can be difficult especially when it usually takes a sprint across Poole Town Centre to use the library computers for about 10 mins during lunch! Work have unkindly banned internet access since I began (coincidence??!!) hence my regular run!