• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ would be most screwed if ___ was injured...

NZ would be most screwed if ___ was injured

• Fleming

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Bond

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Vettori

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Astle

• Styris

• Cairns

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

krkode

State Captain
I would say Fleming, then Bond.

They've done quite well without Bond these past 5 years, but they absolutely need Fleming, in my opinion. He's a damn good captain.:)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking at the penetration of the rest of the Kiwi attack in South Africa, I'd have to say Bond.

Kimbo

International Debutant
Cairns... yea i couldnt think of a last player, so i put in the token ex-star

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
At this stage its either Fleming or Bond. Cairns maybe..but at the World Cup NZ could have replaced him if they wanted to & still would have done alright cause Cairns was not that great with the bat, he flopped with the ball & made a lot of mis-fields.

I think its Bond...NZ would have been embarassed by Australia or India if Bond didn't make those break-throughs.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah well thats true, but Bond took 2 bloody good wickets in quick succession & for awhile NZ looked in the game until McCullum made the blunder off Dravid.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Flemming, he is the most crucial part to nz winning most games , good bowling changes , great fielding movements etc , as said wehave done well without bond for all these years , without cairns as he was injured ( dontreally like cairns) and astle isint that consistent so we managed winning at times that he didnt do well aswell

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
from an australian fans point of view bond is their best player, im sure when teams are deciding line ups and all that they strive to beat the best team, and Bond performs better against Australia than any other kiwi player. so from that point of view Bond is much more valuable to the side.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Following on from what Simon said, I think Bond has stepped up the most when it comes to the important matches..bar against South Africa when it was Fleming. Bond had a rather forgetful spell against them.

But Bond has consistently bowled brilliantly against the best cricket team in the world so in my mind if NZ were missing Bond when they play Australia, they would struggle even more. Probably more than if Fleming wasn't there with his good fielding tactics.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Bond for sure.. NZ have been without Cairns for so long that they now know how to cope.

Anyway as for Cairns, I think he is a great player. Alot of people don't like him because of his drunken behaviour in South Africa. Everyone is human.

Anyway, I was talking to him on Saturday and he gave me his cricket pads

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
not only because of his drunken behaviour personality wise throughout his whole career he hasnt managed to be disciplined which a top class cricketter needs to show when representing the country because he is playing the role of an ambassador and plus what about the young kids that have him as a role model , he will be a bad role model doing such un necessary stuff

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
lord_of_darkness said:
not only because of his drunken behaviour personality wise throughout his whole career he hasnt managed to be disciplined which a top class cricketter needs to show when representing the country because he is playing the role of an ambassador and plus what about the young kids that have him as a role model , he will be a bad role model doing such un necessary stuff
While you are...:rolleyes:

anzac

International Debutant
Fleming......

good arguements for Bond, but he has only been on the scene the past 2 seasons, b4 which NZ had secured Test series victories without him........

no good being the most dangerous strike bowler in the team without the right leadership behind you!!!!!!

:)