• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wisden all time best ODI Innings.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
royGilchrist said:
Still, if I remember correctly he was lucky to have not been given out on an earlier bat and pad.
Well.....I will just say this. I watched every ball of that innings. There were a lot of appeals, but with whatever quality of replays we had at the time, none of them were even close. I tell you, on that pitch, he didn't get beaten once, was in perfect control throughout. That ranks very, very high on my list of greatest test innings. Not trying to argue, roy, just had to defend an all-time favourite of mine.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
anilramavarma said:
Well.....I will just say this. I watched every ball of that innings. There were a lot of appeals, but with whatever quality of replays we had at the time, none of them were even close.
Yes, he didn't look to be in any sort of trouble in that innings although the Pakistani fielders were appealing for almost anything that was being caught by the close-in fielders.It was a master-class from Gavaskar.

Almost no other batsman had a clue what was going on in that wicket....that was the most wicked wicket I have ever seen in my life.And the most funny part of that match was that Abdul Qadir was sitting in the dressing room twiddling his thumbs because Imran thought the pitch wouldn't turn and dropped him and picked a third pacer.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
You guys are right that Pakistan fielders were appealing for anything, but I rememeber one time when it looked like a clear bat pad, which was not given. Still it wasnt easy to be the umpire then, with such a tense match, loud crowd, and so much appealing.

As for Qadir, I think he was injured. Even logically, if he wasnt injured Imran would have picked Qadir over either Tauseef or Qasim (probably Qasim).