• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Fielding team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Well you obviously dont study very well and importaintly you dont see alot of Australia cricket.

I will name some players who impressed this year.

S.Tate of SA fast and bowls an outswinger alot like Hoggard only he is much faster he is still raw and young but has alot of potential (also dismised some very highly credentialed batsman

L.Ronchi of WA has been exellent in his debute year for WA I think he would be avraging over 40 and performed well on a number of occasions when the team faild.

C. Rogers of WA who made 4 100s this year and avraged over 60.

S.Cleary of SA bowled very well late in the season took plenty of wickets and impressed alot of people including Gillespie.

M. Cosgrove SA has not played many matches yet but has made hundreds against touring teams and has been absoulutly dominant in the ACB cup and has allready looked very good without making a big score in FC cricket.

S. Marsh WA again had a very good season faded a little in the end but still avraged over 40 in FC cricket for the year and 30 in the ING cup. (made his debute 100 against a full strength NSW)

G. Denton TAS finaly had an injury free season and proved how good he can be bowls over 140kph is very accurate and gets alot of seam movment (was once though of as being faster than Brett Lee ) took alot of wickets in the FC competition and in the ING cup and was very economical.

So there are a few you probably have not heard of and that's excluding the Huritz, Clarks, Nofkie's etc.. of this world who we all no are ready to step up to Internation level.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Rik said:
ECB National Academy intake 2002/2003:

Kabir Ali
Jimmy Anderson
Gareth Batty
Ian Blackwell
Rikki Clarke
Kyle Hogg
Gordon Muchell
Monty Panesar
Chris Read
Darren Stevens
Chris Tremlett
Jamie Troughton
Alex Tudor
Graham Wagg
Mark Wallace

And that's just the ones picked for the academy...I'd call being picked for the ECB national academy proof of ability...
What the hell is that i can only think of 4 players there who i even rate remotley and most of them have pathetic records.

having said that England have enough youg talent comming through to sustain a good team for some time but I just dont think they are as good as you think or want to think.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:
Well you obviously dont study very well and importaintly you dont see alot of Australia cricket.
And you can't spell or understand that anyone has an arguement when it involves Australia.

Well unfortunately I study well enough to realise that young players like Hauritz average 31 and Cameron White 19 with the bat and 33 with the ball. You obviously have no clue about English cricket though...

Cloete

International Captain
i completely agree with that list m8. but i don't think denton should be in as youth. same with young.

Eclipse

International Debutant
And you talk about the ECB accadamy wining against us well what about the England Vs Australia U19 test series who won that If I remember it was us and very convincingly.

Also we won the youth world cup a year ago and did it easy.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Rik said:
And you can't spell or understand that anyone has an arguement when it involves Australia.

Well unfortunately I study well enough to realise that young players like Hauritz average 31 and Cameron White 19 with the bat and 33 with the ball. You obviously have no clue about English cricket though...
You study like **** if you really studyed you would know it's not that bloody easy to take wickets if you are an offspiner at the Gaba.

Same case with Hogg look at his FC record witch is very poor but again its almost imposible to be highly succsesfull bowling spin on the WACA even Shane Warne strugles there.

And I never said anything about White I dont rate him all that much personaly.

And I know more about Engliah crciket than you do about Australian crciket.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:
What the hell is that i can only think of 4 players there who i even rate remotley and most of them have pathetic records.
Because they are English and not Australian :rolleyes:

having said that England have enough youg talent comming through to sustain a good team for some time but I just dont think they are as good as you think or want to think.
Mate, these guys are talented, they have beaten the Australian academy, some have proven themselves on the world stage. Every single player on the list has done something of note. Let me run you through them (not that you would bother to listen anyway of course):

Kabir Ali - Bowling all-rounder who was called up to the England OD squad, had a very good season last year taking 71 FC Wickets

Jimmy Anderson - 50 FC Wickets at 22 and is now England's spearhead in the OD game, soon to make his England Test Debut

Gareth Batty - After a good 1st season for Worcestershire he was called into the England OD squad and made 2 appearances

Ian Blackwell - Has been consistant with the bat for a while now and has improved markedly with the ball and is now a geniune all-rounder in the OD game for England

Rikki Clarke - Impressive 1st season for Surrey, although probably the least deserving player here.

Kyle Hogg - Nephew of Sonny Rhamadin, he has had a steady start to his career and is an exciting player, he scored 100 in a OD game for England U-19 in the summer against India U-19.

Gordon Muchell - His stat's arn't really very impressive but he did score a 200 in one of the U-19 "Tests" in the summer. Scored 68 in the win over the Sri Lanka academy recently.

Monty Panesar - Talented left arm spinner, models himself on Bishen Bedi. Recently ran through the Sri Lankan Academy's batting to take 5-20

Chris Read - Has been smashing the ball all over the park all winter and nearly won a match for his team opening the batting and scoring 160odd. A very fine keeper.

Darren Stevens - Frustratingly talented bastman and a useful bowler who can score runs with ease but get out easily. Has been much more consistant in the last few years.

Chris Tremlett - Tall, strong bowler who had a good 1st season for Hampshire. Big hitter.

Jamie Troughton - Helped win the Natwest Trophy after a match-winning partnership with Ian Bell. Had a fine season averaging nearly 50 and recently scored 100 in the win over the Sri Lanka academy.

Alex Tudor - Has a Test 99*, a fine bowler who tends to get injured more often than he should.

Graham Wagg - Promising displays for both Warwickshire and England U-19

Mark Wallace - Played some fine innings in this tour and last year's, a fine keeper and has allways been considered a captaincy option.

That enough? ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:
You study like **** if you really studyed you would know it's not that bloody easy to take wickets if you are an offspiner at the Gaba.

Same case with Hogg look at his FC record witch is very poor but again its almost imposible to be highly succsesfull bowling spin on the WACA even Shane Warne strugles there.

And I never said anything about White I dont rate him all that much personaly.

And I know more about Engliah crciket than you do about Australian crciket.
I know it's hard to take wickets on those surfices, did I say otherwise? You ought to realise that quite a few of the pitches in England arn't conductive to spin either, just try Headingly out, Warne's barely taken a wicket there, as is the case with most spinners when they play there.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:
And you talk about the ECB accadamy wining against us well what about the England Vs Australia U19 test series who won that If I remember it was us and very convincingly.

The academy was a more recent meeting between the 2 so I used that.

The youth world cup...many of the players who played for Australia in that have come nowhere near to their performances in that, ever since.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:

I will name some players who impressed this year.

S.Tate of SA fast and bowls an outswinger alot like Hoggard only he is much faster he is still raw and young but has alot of potential (also dismised some very highly credentialed batsman

L.Ronchi of WA has been exellent in his debute year for WA I think he would be avraging over 40 and performed well on a number of occasions when the team faild.

C. Rogers of WA who made 4 100s this year and avraged over 60.

S.Cleary of SA bowled very well late in the season took plenty of wickets and impressed alot of people including Gillespie.

M. Cosgrove SA has not played many matches yet but has made hundreds against touring teams and has been absoulutly dominant in the ACB cup and has allready looked very good without making a big score in FC cricket.

S. Marsh WA again had a very good season faded a little in the end but still avraged over 40 in FC cricket for the year and 30 in the ING cup. (made his debute 100 against a full strength NSW)

G. Denton TAS finaly had an injury free season and proved how good he can be bowls over 140kph is very accurate and gets alot of seam movment (was once though of as being faster than Brett Lee ) took alot of wickets in the FC competition and in the ING cup and was very economical.

So there are a few you probably have not heard of and that's excluding the Huritz, Clarks, Nofkie's etc.. of this world who we all no are ready to step up to Internation level.
If you read this list then read mine, you will realise it's not very different...

Eclipse

International Debutant
Well if you knew then you would not be critersizing Huritz performances a FC avrage of 31 is prity good for a young player with not that much experiance bowling on a wicket that really does not suit him.

And his One day statistics are much better than that so I think he has done pritty well.

Any way I have looked at the profiles of the players you mentioned so I know at least somthing about all of them and there are some who I do think are good enough infact I beleve Read should be keeping for england at the moment.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Rik said:
The academy was a more recent meeting between the 2 so I used that.

The youth world cup...many of the players who played for Australia in that have come nowhere near to their performances in that, ever since.
most of the young player from the youth world cup have not broken into FC cricket yet witch is the way in Australia so you cant realy comment on wether they have performed or not.

And the Acadamy meeting was only more recent by a month or less and many of the players were the same.

Also the U19 test series was much more intensive and went for a longer period so IMO can be used as a better judge.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:
Well if you knew then you would not be critersizing Huritz performances a FC avrage of 31 is prity good for a young player with not that much experiance bowling on a wicket that really does not suit him.

And his One day statistics are much better than that so I think he has done pritty well.

Any way I have looked at the profiles of the players you mentioned so I know at least somthing about all of them and there are some who I do think are good enough infact I beleve Read should be keeping for england at the moment.
I didn't actually say his average was poor either. 31 ain't that bad for a young bowler learning his trade. Hauritz is one of the players I feel will be around for a long time so I don't understand why you keep saying I'm against him...

krkode

State Captain
Most great bowlers' test averages are better than their first class averages...same with batsman... :wow:

It could be because they play WAY more FC cricket than test cricket...and most of the time one plays test cricket only when he's passed that threshhold level after which you are considered a "good bowler" and you normally only play if you're up to class with your peers, whereas you're a much regular bowler when you start off FC.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
all i have said about clarke is that he can bowl abit, better than the majority of english spinners - similar to lehmann,
Erm, Lehmann is not a better bowler than the majority of English spinners though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Eclipse said:

That means abosolutely nothing. We won the U19 cup about 5 years ago, and more than half that team is no longer playing any professional Cricket!

Also, re the U19 series, most of our team was a year younger (planning for the next U19 WC), yet we still gave a very good fight...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Eclipse said:
What the hell are you talking about Australia not having many youg players doing the buissness I seem to remember our A sides doing pritty dam well against Sri Lanka, England and South Africa.
The last Australia 'A' side (against England)

Langer - 32
Maher - 28
Blewett - 31
Clarke - 21
Symonds - 27
Hussey - 27
Campbell - 30
Hogg - 31
Noffke - 25
Bracken - 25
Williams - 28

That's real proof of the great Aussie Youth!

Going back the FC game against us, we have:

Elliott - 31
Maher - 28
Love - 28
Blewett - 31
Clarke - 21
North - 23
Haddin - 25
Hauritz - 21
Noffke - 25
Clark - 27
Williams - 28

A bit younger, but still, the top order is made up of old p[layers!

Status
Not open for further replies.