• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Fielding team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
masterblaster said:
Hey........Agarkar is a good fielder, he is very fit and athletic and has a strong, strong throwing arm.
And ears that double as baseball mitts...:saint:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
michael clarke is an awsome fielder, anyone who saw his outfield catch for Aust A this summer would know that, hes also a pretty good stot at the stumps

and yes jonty is the best, though ponting is not far behind at all

martyn is a slip - except when hes got a broken finger, than he cant catch at all
Well if we go by your rating...I should be in the England team by...Tuesday :saint:

(Really good coaching session :))

Andre

International Regular
Hey Age, is there anything Michael Clarke cannot do?

Maybe its just me, but I'm finding a common trend in your posts that Michael Clarke is a Bradman-like cricketer!

He hasn't even played a Test yet, he could be a Graeme Hick ;) :saint:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
michael clarke is an awsome fielder, anyone who saw his
outfield catch for Aust A this summer would know that

If we're basing his greatness at fielding on one catch, then Kirtley is one of the best fielders in the world!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
If we're basing his greatness at fielding on one catch, then Kirtley is one of the best fielders in the world!
Fair play it was a hell of a catch. Not as good as Nasser's though :)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Andre said:
Hey Age, is there anything Michael Clarke cannot do?

Maybe its just me, but I'm finding a common trend in your posts that Michael Clarke is a Bradman-like cricketer!

He hasn't even played a Test yet, he could be a Graeme Hick ;) :saint:
What you are forgetting Andre is that at the moment Clarke's FC record is no where near Hick's...and Hick is supposed to be a failure :rolleyes:

V Reddy

International Debutant
Rik said:
What you are forgetting Andre is that at the moment Clarke's FC record is no where near Hick's...and Hick is supposed to be a failure :rolleyes:
What Andre was saying was that Clarke hasn't yet played a test and so don't start it before only that he will before that he is going to be a great just based on his first class scores. The classic example being Hick who had a very good avg but failed in International Cricket. So obvious yet you can't figure it out:rolleyes: .

If its wrong . Erm... No Comments :D

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
vishnureddy said:
What Andre was saying was that Clarke hasn't yet played a test and so don't start it before only that he will before that he is going to be a great just based on his first class scored. The classic example being Hick who had a very good avg but failed in International Cricket. So obvious yet you can't figure it out:rolleyes: .

If its wrong . Erm... No Comments :D
I was just teasing Andre ;) We discussed it ealier :P

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: Hick a "failure" - he averaged 31 in Test Cricket which, although not brilliant, is still not that bad when you consider that for the major part, he was in a struggling side.

Also, he had a 3 year spell (93 to 95) when he scored 2284 runs at 46.61, but that was ignored because of his poor start in Test Cricket.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And another thing (which is quite a strange stat if you ask me!)

He played 65 Tests.

In the 22 he played that were part of series England won, he averaged 19.13.

In the 12 he played that were part of series England drew, he averaged 39.10.

In the 31 he played that were part of series England won, he averaged 36.76.

So he seemed to perform a lot better in a losing battle!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
all i have said about clarke is that he can bowl abit, better than the majority of english spinners - similar to lehmann, and that he can field better than hussain, not that great achievements, but yes i think he is a very good player, mainly because he can bowl abit, fields well and bats aggressivley and scores alot of runs, and also has the ability to slog - and drawing similarities, i would say hes very similar in batting technique to ricky ponting

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
And another thing (which is quite a strange stat if you ask me!)

He played 65 Tests.

In the 22 he played that were part of series England won, he averaged 19.13.

In the 12 he played that were part of series England drew, he averaged 39.10.

In the 31 he played that were part of series England won, he averaged 36.76.

So he seemed to perform a lot better in a losing battle!
Shouldn't the last one be "lost" rather than "won" Marc? ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
all i have said about clarke is that he can bowl abit, better than the majority of english spinners - similar to lehmann
Oh yes, I can feel Phil Tufnell (over 1000 FC Wickets) quaking in his boots now! :rolleyes:

and that he can field better than hussain, not that great achievements
Pretty great achievement if you ask me. I dare either you or him to take some of the catches Nass has taken or the stops he has pulled off.

but yes i think he is a very good player
No mate, you think he is the son of God

mainly because he can bowl abit, fields well and bats aggressivley and scores alot of runs, and also has the ability to slog - and drawing similarities, i would say hes very similar in batting technique to ricky ponting
No mate, mainly because he's had one good season and your acting as if he's the 2nd coming!

It sounds like your trying to find some young players who will take the place of some of the old guard when they retire. Just like over in England there is a problem, Clarke might be good but he's not the world's greatest at everything, I'm sure he would be horrified with the ammount of expectation you put on him. In England we have a lack of spinners, over in Australia there are a lack of young players who are doing the buisness. So stop building up Clarke into some kind of demi-God, your almost as bad as the Indian Press and Nehra becoming a "young Wasim Akram" because he has a good WC...:rolleyes:

Eclipse

International Debutant
What the hell are you talking about Australia not having many youg players doing the buissness I seem to remember our A sides doing pritty dam well against Sri Lanka, England and South Africa.

I personaly beleve we have more than our fair share of youg talent and just because it's not being seen on the Internationl stage does not mean its not there.

Young players cant break into our side as easaly as they can into England players like J. Anderson would have to wait at least untill he is 24-25 to even be considerd.

I would think we have alot more talent coming through than England thats for sure.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:
What the hell are you talking about Australia not having many youg players doing the buissness I seem to remember our A sides doing pritty dam well against Sri Lanka, England and South Africa.
When will you learn...it's PRETTY not PRITTY!!! A Sides doing well yes, but how many of them contain players aged 30+?

I personaly beleve we have more than our fair share of youg talent and just because it's not being seen on the Internationl stage does not mean its not there.
I study the Australian results and averages and not many young players have lit up the scene this year.

Young players cant break into our side as easaly as they can into England players like J. Anderson would have to wait at least untill he is 24-25 to even be considerd.
Whilst in England your not picked till 26-27 like Vaughan and Trescothick and Stewart...

I would think we have alot more talent coming through than England thats for sure.
Give me proof.

When the ECB Academy faced Australia's who won?

The ECB Academy.

That's proof.

Last edited:

Cloete

International Captain
hauritz
bracken
clarke
kruger
meuleman
white(although i think he's **** house as well :) )
cary
north
worthington
harwood

and i could name alot more.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Cloete said:
hauritz
bracken
clarke
kruger
meuleman
white(although i think he's **** house as well :) )
cary
north
worthington
harwood

and i could name alot more.
ECB National Academy intake 2002/2003:

Kabir Ali
Jimmy Anderson
Gareth Batty
Ian Blackwell
Rikki Clarke
Kyle Hogg
Gordon Muchell
Monty Panesar
Chris Read
Darren Stevens
Chris Tremlett
Jamie Troughton
Alex Tudor
Graham Wagg
Mark Wallace

And that's just the ones picked for the academy...I'd call being picked for the ECB national academy proof of ability...even Ian Bell isn't in it because he's injured.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.