• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your 2008 predictions?

Craig

World Traveller
Ok put your money where mouth is and make your predictions for this year, they can be for Tests, ODIs, T20, or will a certain left arm spinner from Melbourne (vic orthdox for the ignorant) make his FC debut for Victoria after a freak accident that took out all of the competition ahead of him :ph34r: (you can use your imagination for that one!)

Mine (I'm not going to do all the series or every game played):

* Australia will make the tough call and play four quicks at Perth. Horses for courses' and it will be unfair on Brad Hogg but he will make way for Shaun Tait.
* New Zealand will beat England at home. Given England's dire form touring, I don't think this will be too outlandish. It will be a close series.
* Australia don't go to Pakistan (not the hardest one).
* South Africa v India ends in a drawn series. The South Africans take home the ODIs.
* England exact revenge by beating New Zealand at home, but South Africa defeat England.
* Simon Jones retires. I'm not so confident we will see Marcus Trescothick playing for England again either :(
* The India and Sri Lanka Test series ends in a boring drawn affair with all the batsmen cashing in.
* Ricky Ponting makes up for lost time and finally scores heavily in India. Australia win.
* Somebody other then Australia wins the ICC Champions Trophy, with all of the cricket the Australians have played, they will be tired, I'm going to go South Africa.

More to follow...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
-Zimbabwe missing out on the Champions trophy because of a Non-Test nation, as much as it hurts me to say, that is off course assuming the Champion's trophy happens at all.

-Ireland might just nick one of the FC matches they play when they tour Bangladesh but not the ODI matches.

- SA will underwhelm on their UK tour while New Zealand might just rule over the English in home conditions.

Kenya will continue to pwn other Associate teams only to freeze against Test class opposition.

Rahul Dravid will retire from Test Cricket probably

pup11

International Coach
Ok put your money where mouth is and make your predictions for this year, they can be for Tests, ODIs, T20, or will a certain left arm spinner from Melbourne (vic orthdox for the ignorant) make his FC debut for Victoria after a freak accident that took out all of the competition ahead of him :ph34r: (you can use your imagination for that one!)

Mine (I'm not going to do all the series or every game played):

* Australia will make the tough call and play four quicks at Perth. Horses for courses' and it will be unfair on Brad Hogg but he will make way for Shaun Tait.
* New Zealand will beat England at home. Given England's dire form touring, I don't think this will be too outlandish. It will be a close series.
* Australia don't go to Pakistan (not the hardest one).
* South Africa v India ends in a drawn series. The South Africans take home the ODIs.
* England exact revenge by beating New Zealand at home, but South Africa defeat England.
* Simon Jones retires. I'm not so confident we will see Marcus Trescothick playing for England again either :(
* The India and Sri Lanka Test series ends in a boring drawn affair with all the batsmen cashing in.
* Ricky Ponting makes up for lost time and finally scores heavily in India. Australia win.
* Somebody other then Australia wins the ICC Champions Trophy, with all of the cricket the Australians have played, they will be tired, I'm going to go South Africa.

More to follow...
Agree with most of things you have pointed mate except Proteas winning the Champions trophy, i still think Aussies would do enough to win it and if they don't some other team might win it but certainly not the Proteas they would choke as they always do.... :p

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Agree with most of things you have pointed mate except Proteas winning the Champions trophy, i still think Aussies would do enough to win it and if they don't some other team might win it but certainly not the Proteas they would choke as they always do.... :p
The Romantic prediction would be Pakistan pulling a mind blowing perfomance that will bring the whole country together in an orgy of cricket loving, patriotic love

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
- Haddin to feature heavily in the CB Series and Gilchrist to retire from ODIs directly after.
- England to keep messing around with their bowling lineup and achieve nothing
- Hayden to score mountains of runs with no hint on retirement
- Symonds to get dropped from the Australian test team
- India win the Champions Trophy
- Graeme Smith will destroy England and win the test series for South Africa

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
* Ricky Ponting to be leading Test Run Scorer
* Bangladesh to not lose all Test Matches
* Alastair Cook to make his highest Test Score
* Styris to return to the Test Team and average over 40 with the bat.
* Australia to not reach the semi final on the Under 19 World Cup
* Simon Taufel to be named umpire of the year
* Luke Pomersbach to win the Bradman award for best young cricketer at the AB Medal awards
* Shane Watson to play no matches for Australia, but close to selection by the end of 08.

Last edited:

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
I'm liking this thread (a bit similar to my 'Claims You Like To Make thread though 8-) ).

Symonds to get dropped from the Australian test team
Hard too see it at the moment - dare I say the best Australian batsman in the last year?

Graeme Smith will destroy England and win the test series for South Africa
Hope so, also hope he can regain the same form he had when he played against England last time.

- Dravid, Tendulkar, Pollock to retire
- Sajid Mahmood to tear up CC and make a comeback for England
- Panesar to get dropped from the England side
- Zondeki to feature in a SA squad
- Watson to get injured again

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
-Zimbabwe missing out on the Champions trophy because of a Non-Test nation, as much as it hurts me to say, that is off course assuming the Champion's trophy happens at all.

-Ireland might just nick one of the FC matches they play when they tour Bangladesh but not the ODI matches.

- SA will underwhelm on their UK tour while New Zealand might just rule over the English in home conditions.

Kenya will continue to pwn other Associate teams only to freeze against Test class opposition.

Rahul Dravid will retire from Test Cricket probably
:dry: :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jones'll have a job making his way into the 2009 Ashes in 2008... the best that could be hoped for is he for the first time in history lasts the season and gets vaguely considered for the winter tours of 2008/09.