• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kenya for Test Status?

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Whilst I think they are FAR better then Bangladesh, I do not think Kenya should be handed Test status. Reasons why:

1/ Giving test status to Bangladesh was a mistake BUT I somehow cannot see the ICC reviewing the choice and going back on it. Bangladesh are here to stay, but that does not mean all teams better then them should come in. Kenya are still miles behind nearly all countries and even if they are slightly better then Bangla the ICC would just be making the same mistake twice.
2/ OK, I accept that it's a tad unfair that the lesser of two minnow nations should make it, but tough. Personally I think Bangla should be kicked from tests, but in ODIs both should play fairly often.
3/ In reply to saying Tikolo/Odumbe are Test quality and shouldn't miss out, the same could be said for Bashar/Sarker/Rafique etc.

Mr. P

Rich2001 said:
Would mean more cricket due to more teams and we all know how much the current bunch of cricketers complain about too much cricket.
Thats a good point. I wonder, do the ICC listen to a word anyone has said on this topic. SO many have complained...not one positive comment.:@

Langeveldt

Soutie
Rich2001 said:
Would mean more cricket due to more teams and we all know how much the current bunch of cricketers complain about too much cricket.
I was being a bit sarcastic and cynical when I said "Why cant anyone join?"!

<MOOO> No change there then

Mr. P

Yeah I know, but still I would have thought they could replied a bit. At least made some sort of excuse...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Then it's Holland..? Or not, as they'll get spanked in the NUL in 2003.
Did you mean 2005? Wasn't aware they were participating in the NUL next year, when was it decided?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As there will be if you keep confusing all our newer members by bringing to prominance 2-year-old threads!!!!! :wallbash: 8-) :laugh:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
i reckon bangla should be stripped of test status, and that kenya should not be given it either. let them both play more ODIs and FC cricket first.

anzac

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
1) Sharjah is in the United Arab Emirates
2) The ICC Knock Out was hosted in Kenya without too many problems wasn't it?

Would have been a good argument if the points were valid. Sorry mate.. :)
apart from your valid points above I still think it comes down to the local Administration / infrastructure, players base & development programes, and financial position / development / support................

BAN supposedly had/has all of the above - Kenya has..............a world class athletics program???????