Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuart Clark - World's Best BOWLER

Cricket Spectator

Stuart Clark - World's Best BOWLER

Congrats to Stuart Clark on becoming the World's Best BOWLER in the latest ratings.

Only last year Shane Warne referred to him as the Best Pace Bowler in the World and now he's the best legal bowler going around in the official rankings.

Justifies his selection in the Australian side and performs the little basics that makes him such an asset to the Australian side.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattO View Post
    Congrats to Stuart Clark on becoming the World's Best BOWLER in the latest ratings.

Only last year Shane Warne referred to him as the Best Pace Bowler in the World and now he's the best legal bowler going around in the official rankings.
    Troll.

Good to see Lee at #5 though. Get the feeling Zaheer Khan should be higher though.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

International Debutant
    on ya fraz

International Vice-Captain 33/3from3.3's Avatar
    Maria - Due December

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    "So this is what it feels like to be on top of a batsmen".
    RIP Fardin Qayummi - 15th April 2006

MattO greeted with the news that a non-Australian is still technically top of the rankings:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Smudge; 30-12-2007 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattO View Post

Justifies his selection in the Australian side and performs the little basics that makes him such an asset to the Australian side.
    Warne didn't say that. I have to tell you this every time, but he said "one of the best bowlers in the world" or something similar, then said something about his form being second to none. That doesn't mean he's the best bowler in the world, or even that Warne thought he was. You can just ignore this point again if you like but don't expect me to stop bringing it up all the time. Oh, and I'm just going to ignore the dig at Murali's action and I suggest the rest of you do the same...

Anyway, I still had serious doubts over Clark before this summer. I thought he'd struggle (well, at least comparatively) when he wasn't still viewed as the inexperienced, lesser man in the attack given his first few tests, although successful, consisted of over after over of balls short of the length outside off moving away - all of which would not only go over but wide of the stumps. He's certainly removed any doubts I had though; he has a lot more variety (and well controlled, at that) than I originally gave him credit for. Whether he's worked on that or he's simply showing it more now his role has changed I don't know, but he's certainly the real deal for me now, and I was one of his biggest critics.

Unquestionably Australia's best test bowler now for mine, even given Lee's recent improvement.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 30-12-2007 at 01:30 AM.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    MattO greeted with the news that a non-Australian is still technically top of the rankings:
    Matthew Hayden anybody?

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Anyway, I still had serious doubts over Clark before this summer. I thought he'd struggle (well, at least comparatively) when he wasn't still viewed as the inexperienced, lesser man in the attack given his first few tests, although successful, consisted of over after over of balls short of the length outside off moving - all of which would not only go over but wide of the stumps. He's certainly removed any doubts I had though; he has a lot more variety (and well controlled, at that) than I originally gave him credit for. Whether he's worked on that or he's simply showing it more now his role has changed I don't know, but he's certainly the real deal for me now, and I was one of his biggest critics.

Unquestionably Australia's best test bowler now for mine, even given Lee's recent improvement.
    good stuff to admitting ur mistake and agreed definately..

id prolly rank Lee a tad higher, as his accuracy for his pace is very good nowadays..he sets it up for us as so far this summer he's gotten the first wicket a lot of the times

I think Clark was spot on when he said he felt he was bowling well in the Lankan tests but the rewards just werent coming.. then when Malinga started to rub things in through slogging ppl just went.. oh he's back on ground level now..

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurrz View Post
    good stuff to admitting ur mistake and agreed definately..
    Not sure it qualifies as a "mistake" as such TBH, more a reservation of judgement where others had already formed one.

I can quite see why Rob would reserve his judgement on Clark, and the reasons for it. I myself had never really considered the situation in any great detail and had almost taken for granted that Clark was probably going to continue to be successful, but some of his posts on the matter made me think a bit more about the issue.

Either way, I'm happy enough for him to be successful, very much so.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Good on him.

Still dunno how, Stuart; but well done lol

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Get the feeling Zaheer Khan should be higher though.
    Why? Zaheer Khan hasn't been anywhere near as good as many people seem to think of late.

On Clark, I just think it's amazing how a bloke with a pretty average FC record, nothing too special can just come onto the Test scene and own world class batsmen from his very first Test (He's got some big scalps). He's certainly an interesting case like that.

One of the commentators said something of the sort during the match against India...like he was hiding something just for Test cricket and when he was finally selected he unleashed everything.

Why? Zaheer Khan hasn't been anywhere near as good as many people seem to think of late.
    Statistically, no. The visual improvement in his bowling since the tour of South Africa has been very evident to all who have watched him over that period, though, and I'm sure it'll reflect on his stats when we get a larger sample size.

International Debutant
    Not sure it qualifies as a "mistake" as such TBH, more a reservation of judgement where others had already formed one.

yea i thought i was harsh writing that too
    well, a reasonable/understandable mistake if that makes sense

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    On Clark, I just think it's amazing how a bloke with a pretty average FC record, nothing too special can just come onto the Test scene and own world class batsmen from his very first Test (He's got some big scalps). He's certainly an interesting case like that.

One of the commentators said something of the sort during the match against India...like he was hiding something just for Test cricket and when he was finally selected he unleashed everything.
    bit like Warney? in a way

must rise to the occasion when he sees big names
    still think he'll dominate 10 this series, been saying it for a while

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information