• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nothing...just Clowning around !

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
yohanna said:
Most of the stuff that Aamir says sounds really good, just how much truth is in it remains to be seen. Waqar Younis has come up with a statement accusing the selectors of advising him to retire !! Waqar has been a great bowler and its really bad to see such a great cricketer being shown the door.I'm pretty much sure that we would not be able to see Waqar Younis in Pakistan team ever again!
Never say never. After Imran, they were saying another bowler of that caliber will never come, look at Wasim and Waqar.

And btw, weren't you in favour of dropping him a day ago :)

yohanna

Banned
Well yohanna, I dont know if we were watching the same cricket but you see ? the problem is that yes Waqar has aged a lot, but now is the time that he has been using all his experience, he is better bowler, and I am sure his economy has not been as bad as you say, remember who dismissed sehwag and Ganguly on succesive balls ? Waqar hasn't performed badly.
I think we were all watching the same game. Its a fact that Waqar was only in the OD team coz he was the captain.Imran Khan and Asif Iqbal were of the opinion that Waqar shouldn't have been in the playing eleven in the world cup matches.Waqar's economy in WC was 5.86 which is awful, and even though he took two wkts in the match against India, he did went for most runs (by a Pak bowler) in that match!

Well, I am not the only person who thinks that Anwar is a player up there with the best. He can perform and once the confidence is back I dont see him retiring for a good time. Further, if he can team up with Taufiq that sounds good
I think here we just differ on duration, i just think that Anwar cannot last for more than a year.I think Pakistan should really team up Imran Farhat with Umer , Farhat is an excellent prospect.

Why ban him ? why get on his back all the time sure he's benn expensive and all but he has won the few games that Pakistan have played last year. He is a team man who visibly gives it all, not to bowl 160 kph, but to get the team victory. But you are right, Shoaib had to be reprimanded for his attitude, Wasim and Waqar were there for that but never did it, not sure why.
Not once did i suggest that Akhter should be banned or dropped because of poor performance, that would be stupid.I only want Akhter to be disciplined, why ? well what do you think of a guy who had openly said before the world cup that he won't work with Pybus?? Inzi was so disgusted with Akhter's attitude that he had said that either Pybus or Akhter should be a part of the squad! The captain,Coach and manager all have sent negative reports on Akhter to PCB.And no, Akhter isn't a "team man", he's someone who has done everything in his capacity to disrupt the team.Younis khan, Youhanna, Waqar and Rashid are all at odds with Akhter.Youhanna had once said that it appears to him that there are different rules for different players in this team, one gets pampered even after ditching the team to play for a club side while another is sent home for missing net practice because of injury!

Never say never. After Imran, they were saying another bowler of that caliber will never come, look at Wasim and Waqar.
I think you got me wrong, i never said that i don't expect to see pacers of the calibre of W's in Pak team again, infact i have high hopes from youngsters like Gul and Najaf.

And btw, weren't you in favour of dropping him a day ago
I still am!! But i would have certainly preferred Waqar retire from the game gracefully rather than being thrown out of the team.