Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Australia's tour of Pakistan

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar

Australia's tour of Pakistan

Could today's events result in the tour being canceled? If the Aussies had their worries - surely they would be increased tenfold now.

I am ignorant of Pakistan politics and I don't pretend to understand the ramifications of it, but in a cricketing sense does this make it all the more likely for the Aussies to pull out?

Chances are that state of emergency will be in place, revenge attacks are a possibility etc

In other words, stay out of there

yep i just read the news in yahoo about what happend in pakistan.. i could care less about bhutto cuz she was a politician but i felt sorry for other 20 cilvilians who died..
    while reading i was thinking about Aus tour of Pakistan.. it seems like it will be cancelled.. i don't think Aus will tour pakistan in this type of situation..

Go for the neutral venue again, but where? I have no idea what the weather would be like in somebody like Sharjah at that time of the year, but IWT it would be better then what it was last time around. That is not so hot.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Go for the neutral venue again, but where? I have no idea what the weather would be like in somebody like Sharjah at that time of the year, but IWT it would be better then what it was last time around. That is not so hot.
    PCB have expressed that the tour is played in Pakistan or it isn't played at all.

Personally, I think this is an absolute joke. I understand them wanting a home tour for revenue, a better chance of victory and such...But all of the players' lives are at risk there....Surely the players' safety is more important than revenue.

Well usually at the major venues the crowds are down anyway for Tests, I know people have to work and the like, but the crowds at places like Lahore are quite dire.

I agree with your post though, the PCB shouldn't be so stubborn.

There's no way it'll go ahead in Pakistan. They were saying on FSN today that Lawson looks like he might quit as coach because of it.

... .... .- -.- . / - .... . / -.. . .- - .... / ..-. .-. --- -- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... --- -. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    PCB have expressed that the tour is played in Pakistan or it isn't played at all.

Personally, I think this is an absolute joke. I understand them wanting a home tour for revenue, a better chance of victory and such...But all of the players' lives are at risk there....Surely the players' safety is more important than revenue.

This statement came before the events of last night. Give the PCB a few days to asses the situation. Given the chance of a prolonged crisis here and the potential lost TV revenue i think they will look at alternative venues.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    If the tour goes on, mark my words, Pakistan will win.

The toss, that is.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Of course my post is that of an outsider looking in, I'm not Pakistani so I wouldn't know otherwise.

Of course my post is that of an outsider looking in, I'm not Pakistani so I wouldn't know otherwise.
    They would get some crowds if they could play it the UK and maybe Holland which I understand has a growing Pakistan population.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLad View Post
    They would get some crowds if they could play it the UK and maybe Holland which I understand has a growing Pakistan population.
    Yeah, England wouldn't be a bad idea. Strong Pakistan and Australian contingencies there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLad View Post
    Plus with the amount of Australians there, you might get some numbers. The pitches would be ITSTL (interesting to say the least).

Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    Yeah, England wouldn't be a bad idea. Strong Pakistan and Australian contingencies there.
    And Mitchell has plenty of spare time so he would go along.

International Coach
    If this sort of thing happened in London or Birmingham any notion that the entire Country was unsafe for sporting teams to tour would be scoffed at, because it's in Pakistan people automatically assume that the whole Country should be avoided like the plague.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information