• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's tour of Pakistan

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
If this sort of thing happened in London or Birmingham any notion that the entire Country was unsafe for sporting teams to tour would be scoffed at, because it's in Pakistan people automatically assume that the whole Country should be avoided like the plague.
I would hate to turn this into a political discussion on the cricket chat but there are two major differences between the UK and Pakistan at the moment that makes the UK a safer place to tour.

1: The likelihood of getting caught up in domestic political trouble, UK: Other than a union protest a an occasional localised race riot, almost none. Pakistan current, high.

2: The leadership of every crisis in the UK has been regarded as having been handled superbly and the consensus is the UK have been able to secure their important people quickly. Pakistan had an assassination of a major contender in a political election and loss of lives around her, indicating the ability to create secure zones is a long way behind at the current time.

I hope the situation in Pakistan stabilises very quickly I really do, I would love a tour to go ahead but right now I cant see it.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Well the UK doesn't have the same history as Pakistan. I hope they tour Pakistan and I was hoping somebody who is more informed to come in here, but then we have arrogant upshots like you here.

Arrogant upshots?........assuming you have any idea what your post is supposed mean perhaps you could explain how you arrived at that conclusion.:mellow:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well the UK doesn't have the same history as Pakistan. I hope they tour Pakistan and I was hoping somebody who is more informed to come in here, but then we have arrogant upshots like you here.
A good friend of mine's company is investing billions in Pakistan in Joint venture with the army.

He was due to travel to Islamabad yesterday but delayed his visit as the advice FROM THE ARMY is that nobody's safety can be garanteed in the country at present.

That may or not be the official line but that's the reality

Of course, things can change rapidly but it's a good country to avoid if possible for the foreseeable future

social

Some thing bad happened there in Pakistan ! woohoo a Happy Social Day !
Yeah, I always enjoy seeing a country rip itself to pieces, particularly when I've friends living there and others who visit it regularly

Idiot

FRAZ

International Captain
Yeah, I always enjoy seeing a country rip itself to pieces, particularly when I've friends living there and others who visit it regularly

Idiot
Yup you are right and your signatures in the end makes it quite an official post !
Wasn't talking to you there anyway!

pup11

International Coach
PCB have expressed that the tour is played in Pakistan or it isn't played at all.

Personally, I think this is an absolute joke. I understand them wanting a home tour for revenue, a better chance of victory and such...But all of the players' lives are at risk there....Surely the players' safety is more important than revenue.
Well PCB are taking the easy route by saying such thing because given the circumstances in Pakistan on board would be mad enough to send their team down there and if that happens PCB can demand millions of dollars from CA as compensation.

Perm

What are the chances of things settling down before Australia are due to tour?

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
A good friend of mine's company is investing billions in Pakistan in Joint venture with the army.
He was due to travel to Islamabad yesterday but delayed his visit as the advice FROM THE ARMY is that nobody's safety can be garanteed in the country at present.

That may or not be the official line but that's the reality

Of course, things can change rapidly but it's a good country to avoid if possible for the foreseeable future
Well that says a lot about the state of Pakistan atm.