• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A little question

TheEpic

School Boy/Girl Captain
Does anyone know what the song is in the background of Sky Sports' video preview of cricket for 2008? They've been playing it in the lunch/tea intervals of the test matches on at the mo, and by jove its catchy!

I think it goes something like 'its like running away'. Haha, but i'm not 100% sure of that tbh.

Cheers!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Only song of this nature I ever found-out what it was (and and liked) was Ash and There's A Star. Was used on C4 in 2002 and then again on Sky in 2007. Seemed it was a favoured song like snooker and Shakedown's At Night.

Easiest way to find-out that one (never heard it before myself, I don't listen to much modern-day music and I presume it's a recent release or yet-to-be-released) is to listen to a passage, memorise it, then Google it. Are always 100s of lyrics sites out there willing to help.

TheEpic

School Boy/Girl Captain
Cheers Richard, i managed to find it after a bit of googling. Turns out it was the Polyphonic Spree - Section 22. Top tune!