• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Glenn Turner v Martin Crowe

Who was better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flem274*

123/5
How?

Sorry for taking the thread so OT BTW, I'll make a proper post soon. Promise ;)
The winding up of Fiery, retaliation to his out of line posts with more out of line posts, I know he acts like a **** sometimes but so do you now IMo you two just need to stop. OK? Please? Can you do that?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Are you talking to me or Fiery? Because I'm trying to stop the btiching teenage girl war of words here for the sake of you two, my sanity, others sanity and the goddamn thread.
That post was intended for Fiery, apologies if I didn't make that clear.

Fiery

Banned
Fiery makes a lot of points I disagree with. But I apologies if it appears that way.
I realise I bait you as well at times, e.g, the jewellery you bought for your friend and the Jeff Buckley thing, but let's just try and tolerate each Perm, we'll probably never be friends, although I'm not closing that possibility. I've tried on numerous occasions to make a truce with you but you've ignored me every time.

Craig

World Traveller
Christ, I try and have a decent thread and then it becomes a chance for everybody to have a pot shot at each other. Either this stops or can a mod please shut this thread.

Fiery

Banned
Christ, I try and have a decent thread and then it becomes a chance for everybody to have a pot shot at each other. Either this stops or can a mod please shut this thread.
Bugger off Craig...we're trying to work something out

;):p

Fiery

Banned
With regards to the thread, I'm not sure they're that comparable because Turner was an opener and Crowe played in the middle order.
Yeah but we're trying to decide who was the greatest batsman overall, regardless of batting position

Flem274*

123/5
I've got a new avatar for you, Flem.

Loks like Doctor Phil. Not me sorry, my perfect solution would be to chuck Fiery and Perm in a cage, whoever kills the other wins, but thats a bit undoable atm so yelling at them had to suffice.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Glenn Turner was an opener, so his record as an opening batsman is of more importance in this debate. Equally, Martin Crowe is a middle order batsman and was unfortunate enough to bat at #6 and below during his Test career. These innings mean little in assessing him, and once you exclude them his average stands at 47.52.

As it is, I'm tempted to go for Crowe on the basis that his record is mostly better. He averages more than Turner against England, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, by around 20 runs in the latter two, while they both average almost 50 against Australia. Turner's feats against the West Indies were legendary, but Crowe was no slug against them either.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Fiery has now been permanently banned from the forum following earlier temporary bans.

The situation has and is still being dealt with however by the moderation team.

As this thread has obviously been taken over from said issues, if people are wanting to continue to discuss the Glenn Turner v Martin Crowe debate in a non-aggressive manner, please open a new thread.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.