• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Glenn Turner v Martin Crowe

Who was better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flem274*

123/5
shut up Perm ffs....honestly....I bet you reported it too 8-)
Considering Perm was handed a ban himself for saying the same thing to Richard I wouldn't be surprised if you were banned. If they didn't it would be a bit inconsistent IMO, though your response was more provoked than when Perm said it but still out of line of course.

Please don't take it personally, just drawing some logical conclusions/predictions.:)

Fiery

Banned
Considering Perm was handed a ban himself for saying the same thing to Richard I wouldn't be surprised if you were banned. If they didn't it would be a bit inconsistent IMO, though your response was more provoked than when Perm said it but still out of line of course.

Please don't take it personally, just drawing some logical conclusions/predictions.:)
Here is one of the reasons why Perm was banned
Why you so bitter Perm?
Your better half tastes like lemons. That's why.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Well, before that game against Pakistan, NZ had already finished on top of the table. If they had beaten Pakistan, Pakistan would have been out, allowing Australia into the qualifying 4.

The semis were 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3. But because Australia were the then defending champions the game against would have been played in Australia.

So if you are NZ would you rather play Pakistan at home in the semis or Australia in Australia?

Ok they were already assured of finishing top, but there was NO WAY NZ were going to try to win that game.

It may be hard for an Australian to accept, but they failed to qualify because of their own inadequacies. New Zealand had already qualified and Pakistan were desparate for a win so the intensity levels of the teams were by human nature very different. New Zealand had earned the right to relax slightly by their performance earlier in the tournament. To suggest that New Zealand deliberately set out to lose from ball one is something that requires evidence or should not be uttered.

Flem274*

123/5
Here is one of the reasons why Perm was banned
Well that was out of line yes.

But can you two please stop taking cracks at each other? Don't blame the other one, its both of you. You're both very good members and its a shame to see this sort of thing happen especially when it could result in bans.

Fiery

Banned
It may be hard for an Australian to accept, but they failed to qualify because of their own inadequacies. New Zealand had already qualified and Pakistan were desparate for a win so the intensity levels of the teams were by human nature very different. New Zealand had earned the right to relax slightly by their performance earlier in the tournament. To suggest that New Zealand deliberately set out to lose from ball one is something that requires evidence or should not be uttered.
thank you LT

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well that was out of line yes.

But can you two please stop taking cracks at each other? Don't blame the other one, its both of you. You're both very good members and its a shame to see this sort of thing happen especially when it could result in bans.
I answered a question that was directed at me, that isn't taking a crack. If anybody else had said what Fiery did earlier, then I would've responded with "Ban? Yes IMO". I've tried to have a proper cricket discussion with Fiery, he attemps to turn it into a slanging match by degrading me. Think what you like, but I can't see how I'm to blame in this latest batch of incidents.

Flem274*

123/5
I answered a question that was directed at me, that isn't taking a crack. If anybody else had said what Fiery did earlier, then I would've responded with "Ban? Yes IMO". I've tried to have a proper cricket discussion with Fiery, he attemps to turn it into a slanging match by degrading me. Think what you like, but I can't see how I'm to blame in this latest batch of incidents.
Did I blame you solely? No. And as far as I'm concerned you're both to blame. It takes two to tango. Fiery will retaliate to your post blaming him solely now. You'll both have to sit in the naughty seat if you're not careful!:@

Perm

Yes, my posts back then were out of line. I've accepted that, and so has everybody else. I suggest you move on.

Flem274*

123/5
Here's another taste of the Perm charm
OK OK stop quoting his old bloody posts. It isn't helping this at all! Yes he posted offensive remarks, you've done the same. You're lying if you deny it now just STOP!!! Is that such a dificult concept for you two to grasp? You're both behaving like five year olds, That naughty seat is about to be put into use.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Perm, you don't try and have discussions with Fiery. From an outsider's perspective, it looks to me as though you see Fiery's posted, you look for something in his post that you can disagree with, then post accordingly in a dismissive tone. Which, in turn, gets Fiery all worked up, he puts on his Dame Edna Enthusiastic persona and shrieks all sorts of blue murder in reply.

That might not be your modus operandi, but that's how it's coming across.

You two clearly have previous, and it's still hanging over like the smell of rotting sea tulips across Oamaru in spring.

Flem274*

123/5
Yes, my posts back then were out of line. I've accepted that, and so has everybody else. I suggest you move on.
Are you talking to me or Fiery? Because I'm trying to stop the btiching teenage girl war of words here for the sake of you two, my sanity, others sanity and the goddamn thread.

Fiery

Banned
Perm, you don't try and have discussions with Fiery. From an outsider's perspective, it looks to me as though you see Fiery's posted, you look for something in his post that you can disagree with, then post accordingly in a dismissive tone. Which, in turn, gets Fiery all worked up, he puts on his Dame Edna Enthusiastic persona and shrieks all sorts of blue murder in reply.

That might not be your modus operandi, but that's how it's coming across.

You two clearly have previous, and it's still hanging over like the smell of rotting sea tulips across Oamaru in spring.
good post that

Perm

I can assure you that is not what I'm doing, it just happens that Fiery makes a lot of points I disagree with. But I apologies if it appears that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.