Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally the Javed-Lillee Video

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )

Finally the Javed-Lillee Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drvGYPosD8E

Javed first runs into Lillee while completing run, Lillee comes back by trying to kick javed while Javed had his back towards Lillee...and then javed threatens to hit Lillee with his bat......awesome clip....man Javed had b@lls to mess with Lillee
    Twitter @3Bouncers
    One of my friends said "And itís not like we havenít defeated India enough. I think weíve beaten them on a couple of occasions, on a lot of occasions, in fact."

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post

Javed first runs into Lillee while completing run, Lillee comes back by trying to kick javed while Javed had his back towards Lillee...and then javed threatens to hit Lillee with his bat......awesome clip....man Javed had b@lls to mess with Lillee
    haha !
    Yup I saw like a million threads here where Javed was accused of being wrong against Lillee and people actualy as per habit blindly accused Javed but now I am pretty convinced that Javed wasn't wrong and for me if some one was going to touch me like this then I was definately gonna bang the bat in his head . Javed was a p**** actualy and he didn't hit him for real . What a shame ...
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

International Debutant Dissector's Avatar
    Lillee comes off as a complete wimp; the way he kicks Javed behind his back and the way he flinches when Javed raises his bat.

Banned
    finally? that videos been on youtube for well over 6 months

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissector View Post
    Lillee comes off as a complete wimp; the way he kicks Javed behind his back and the way he flinches when Javed raises his bat.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Would have been quite funny to see Miandad smack Lillee with his bat, but would tarnish the reputation of cricket immensely.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Would have been quite funny to see Miandad smack Lillee with his bat, but would tarnish the reputation of cricket immensely.

If someone comes at you with a cricket bat you flinch. He probably considered that Miandad was insane enough to actually hit him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    If someone comes at you with a cricket bat you flinch. He probably considered that Miandad was insane enough to actually hit him.
    It is a natural reaction, but Lillee stills comes off looking like a coward IMO. The way he walks up to Miandad when his back is turned, kicks him, and then steps away when the batsmen threatens retribution just paints a bad picture.

Interesting to note that he was suspended for two matches. I wonder how many that would be if a similar incident occured today?

Lillee kicking him was a ******** thing to do. Obviously messing around but christ, Miandad overreacted.

I cant believe this rubbish about Lillee looking like a coward. The guy was swinging a bat at him. He maintained eye contact, was on his toes and dodged. What do you want him to do, get hit by a bat? Was good skills, if you ask me.

Damn, stupid thing to do, gently kicking a batsman. What did he hope to achieve, even if Miandad had been winding him up?
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Lillee kicking him was a ******** thing to do. Obviously messing around but christ, Miandad overreacted.

I cant believe this rubbish about Lillee looking like a coward. The guy was swinging a bat at him. He maintained eye contact, was on his toes and dodged. What do you want him to do, get hit by a bat? Was good skills, if you ask me.

Damn, stupid thing to do, gently kicking a batsman. What did he hope to achieve, even if Miandad had been winding him up?
    Lillee kicked a guy and then backed away when a reaction proved iminent. Personally I don't think Miandad would have hit him, he was just threatening to. If Lillee had stood his ground and not backed away, I doubt Miandad would have done anything more than he did. Certainly I didn't feel that Lillee was in any 'real' danger of being hit. It's not really rubbish either Goughy. Whether or not Lillee is a coward isn't up for debate, but his actions and consequent reaction appeared cowardly.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post

Disgraceful, Lillee overwhelmingly the at-fault party obviously.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Banned
    Disgraceful, Lillee overwhelmingly the at-fault party obviously.
    meh, no need for Miandad to go all psycho on him. Think maybe Lillee was trying to get his attention to sledge him. Not the way to go about it obviously but the Miandad reaction was totally OTT imo
    Last edited by Fiery; 23-12-2007 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Whether or not Lillee is a coward isn't up for debate, but his actions and consequent reaction appeared cowardly.
    No. Dodging a swinging cricket bat isnt cowardly. If he had turned his back then Id agree with you. There is nothing about his recation to being potentially struck that is wrong. He maintains eye contact and is balanced. Looks like a fighter.

If you admire the bravery of dumbasses that stand there and get smacked then thats upto you

No. Dodging a swinging cricket bat isnt cowardly. If he had turned his back then Id agree with you. There is nothing about his recation to being potentially struck that is wrong. He maintains eye contact and is balanced. Looks like a fighter.

If you admire the bravery of dumbasses that stand there and get smacked then thats upto you
    Dodging a swinging cricket bat? Miandad didn't get the thing above head height before he stopped threatening, and if you watch closely enough then it doesn't really appear as though Miandad was ever going to actually swing his bat at Lillee, IMO anyway.

Lillee kicks Miandad, then ducks and steps away while bringing his hands up to stop the perceived threat of the bat being swung at him. Just looks cowardly to me. I'd have much more respect for him (although it is hard, after he kicked Miandad) if he stood tall and faced up to the batsmens little taunt.

International 12th Man neville cardus's Avatar
    Truth be told, Lillee could have stayed exactly where he was, bearing witness to the decapitation of the blissfully-oblivious umpire rather than get some willow in the teeth himself.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    meh, no need for Miandad to go all psycho on him. Think maybe Lillee was trying to get his attention to sledge him. Not the way to go about it obviously but the Miandad reaction was totally OTT imo
    Javed's reaction could have been better, but to kick (even pretend to aim at) another human-being is about as derogatory an action as one can dream-up. I don't have any great objection to Javed's reaction, and it was Lillee who was overwhelmingly the at-fault party AFAIC.
    Last edited by Richard; 23-12-2007 at 01:10 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information