Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 80

Thread: Finally the Javed-Lillee Video

  1. #1
    First Class Debutant Bouncer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )
    Posts
    863

    Finally the Javed-Lillee Video

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drvGYPosD8E


    Javed first runs into Lillee while completing run, Lillee comes back by trying to kick javed while Javed had his back towards Lillee...and then javed threatens to hit Lillee with his bat......awesome clip....man Javed had b@lls to mess with Lillee
    Twitter @3Bouncers
    One of my friends said "And itís not like we havenít defeated India enough. I think weíve beaten them on a couple of occasions, on a lot of occasions, in fact."

  2. #2
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drvGYPosD8E


    Javed first runs into Lillee while completing run, Lillee comes back by trying to kick javed while Javed had his back towards Lillee...and then javed threatens to hit Lillee with his bat......awesome clip....man Javed had b@lls to mess with Lillee
    haha !
    Yup I saw like a million threads here where Javed was accused of being wrong against Lillee and people actualy as per habit blindly accused Javed but now I am pretty convinced that Javed wasn't wrong and for me if some one was going to touch me like this then I was definately gonna bang the bat in his head . Javed was a p**** actualy and he didn't hit him for real . What a shame ...
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

  3. #3
    International Debutant Dissector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,256
    Lillee comes off as a complete wimp; the way he kicks Javed behind his back and the way he flinches when Javed raises his bat.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    953
    finally? that videos been on youtube for well over 6 months


  5. #5
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissector View Post
    Lillee comes off as a complete wimp; the way he kicks Javed behind his back and the way he flinches when Javed raises his bat.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

    Would have been quite funny to see Miandad smack Lillee with his bat, but would tarnish the reputation of cricket immensely.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

  6. #6
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    england
    Posts
    5,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking.

    Would have been quite funny to see Miandad smack Lillee with his bat, but would tarnish the reputation of cricket immensely.

    If someone comes at you with a cricket bat you flinch. He probably considered that Miandad was insane enough to actually hit him.

  7. #7
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    If someone comes at you with a cricket bat you flinch. He probably considered that Miandad was insane enough to actually hit him.
    It is a natural reaction, but Lillee stills comes off looking like a coward IMO. The way he walks up to Miandad when his back is turned, kicks him, and then steps away when the batsmen threatens retribution just paints a bad picture.

    Interesting to note that he was suspended for two matches. I wonder how many that would be if a similar incident occured today?

  8. #8
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    All Over
    Posts
    15,112
    Lillee kicking him was a ******** thing to do. Obviously messing around but christ, Miandad overreacted.

    I cant believe this rubbish about Lillee looking like a coward. The guy was swinging a bat at him. He maintained eye contact, was on his toes and dodged. What do you want him to do, get hit by a bat? Was good skills, if you ask me.

    Damn, stupid thing to do, gently kicking a batsman. What did he hope to achieve, even if Miandad had been winding him up?
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

    West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

    Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

    Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

  9. #9
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Lillee kicking him was a ******** thing to do. Obviously messing around but christ, Miandad overreacted.

    I cant believe this rubbish about Lillee looking like a coward. The guy was swinging a bat at him. He maintained eye contact, was on his toes and dodged. What do you want him to do, get hit by a bat? Was good skills, if you ask me.

    Damn, stupid thing to do, gently kicking a batsman. What did he hope to achieve, even if Miandad had been winding him up?
    Lillee kicked a guy and then backed away when a reaction proved iminent. Personally I don't think Miandad would have hit him, he was just threatening to. If Lillee had stood his ground and not backed away, I doubt Miandad would have done anything more than he did. Certainly I didn't feel that Lillee was in any 'real' danger of being hit. It's not really rubbish either Goughy. Whether or not Lillee is a coward isn't up for debate, but his actions and consequent reaction appeared cowardly.

  10. #10
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drvGYPosD8E


    Javed first runs into Lillee while completing run, Lillee comes back by trying to kick javed while Javed had his back towards Lillee...and then javed threatens to hit Lillee with his bat......awesome clip....man Javed had b@lls to mess with Lillee
    Disgraceful, Lillee overwhelmingly the at-fault party obviously.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Disgraceful, Lillee overwhelmingly the at-fault party obviously.
    meh, no need for Miandad to go all psycho on him. Think maybe Lillee was trying to get his attention to sledge him. Not the way to go about it obviously but the Miandad reaction was totally OTT imo
    Last edited by Fiery; 23-12-2007 at 06:23 AM.

  12. #12
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    All Over
    Posts
    15,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Whether or not Lillee is a coward isn't up for debate, but his actions and consequent reaction appeared cowardly.
    No. Dodging a swinging cricket bat isnt cowardly. If he had turned his back then Id agree with you. There is nothing about his recation to being potentially struck that is wrong. He maintains eye contact and is balanced. Looks like a fighter.

    If you admire the bravery of dumbasses that stand there and get smacked then thats upto you

  13. #13
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    No. Dodging a swinging cricket bat isnt cowardly. If he had turned his back then Id agree with you. There is nothing about his recation to being potentially struck that is wrong. He maintains eye contact and is balanced. Looks like a fighter.

    If you admire the bravery of dumbasses that stand there and get smacked then thats upto you
    Dodging a swinging cricket bat? Miandad didn't get the thing above head height before he stopped threatening, and if you watch closely enough then it doesn't really appear as though Miandad was ever going to actually swing his bat at Lillee, IMO anyway.

    Lillee kicks Miandad, then ducks and steps away while bringing his hands up to stop the perceived threat of the bat being swung at him. Just looks cowardly to me. I'd have much more respect for him (although it is hard, after he kicked Miandad) if he stood tall and faced up to the batsmens little taunt.

  14. #14
    International 12th Man neville cardus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    I cant believe this rubbish about Lillee looking like a coward. The guy was swinging a bat at him. He maintained eye contact, was on his toes and dodged. What do you want him to do, get hit by a bat? Was good skills, if you ask me.
    Truth be told, Lillee could have stayed exactly where he was, bearing witness to the decapitation of the blissfully-oblivious umpire rather than get some willow in the teeth himself.

  15. #15
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    meh, no need for Miandad to go all psycho on him. Think maybe Lillee was trying to get his attention to sledge him. Not the way to go about it obviously but the Miandad reaction was totally OTT imo
    Javed's reaction could have been better, but to kick (even pretend to aim at) another human-being is about as derogatory an action as one can dream-up. I don't have any great objection to Javed's reaction, and it was Lillee who was overwhelmingly the at-fault party AFAIC.
    Last edited by Richard; 23-12-2007 at 01:10 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Javed Miandad
    By ColdSnow in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 31-12-2012, 12:47 PM
  2. Javed Miandad Accepts Lawson Offer
    By no1_gangsta_786 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-07-2007, 09:28 PM
  3. Caption This: Javed and Harmison
    By James90 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15-08-2005, 02:09 PM
  4. What happened to Aqib Javed
    By Bazza in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 17-02-2003, 09:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •