• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Finally the Javed-Lillee Video

FRAZ

International Captain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drvGYPosD8E

Javed first runs into Lillee while completing run, Lillee comes back by trying to kick javed while Javed had his back towards Lillee...and then javed threatens to hit Lillee with his bat......awesome clip....man Javed had b@lls to mess with Lillee
haha !
Yup I saw like a million threads here where Javed was accused of being wrong against Lillee and people actualy as per habit blindly accused Javed but now I am pretty convinced that Javed wasn't wrong and for me if some one was going to touch me like this then I was definately gonna bang the bat in his head . Javed was a p**** actualy and he didn't hit him for real . What a shame ...

Dissector

International Debutant
Lillee comes off as a complete wimp; the way he kicks Javed behind his back and the way he flinches when Javed raises his bat. :laugh:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lillee comes off as a complete wimp; the way he kicks Javed behind his back and the way he flinches when Javed raises his bat. :laugh:
Exactly what I was thinking.

Would have been quite funny to see Miandad smack Lillee with his bat, but would tarnish the reputation of cricket immensely.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Exactly what I was thinking.

Would have been quite funny to see Miandad smack Lillee with his bat, but would tarnish the reputation of cricket immensely.

If someone comes at you with a cricket bat you flinch. He probably considered that Miandad was insane enough to actually hit him.

Perm

If someone comes at you with a cricket bat you flinch. He probably considered that Miandad was insane enough to actually hit him.
It is a natural reaction, but Lillee stills comes off looking like a coward IMO. The way he walks up to Miandad when his back is turned, kicks him, and then steps away when the batsmen threatens retribution just paints a bad picture.

Interesting to note that he was suspended for two matches. I wonder how many that would be if a similar incident occured today?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Lillee kicking him was a ******** thing to do. Obviously messing around but christ, Miandad overreacted.

I cant believe this rubbish about Lillee looking like a coward. The guy was swinging a bat at him. He maintained eye contact, was on his toes and dodged. What do you want him to do, get hit by a bat? Was good skills, if you ask me.

Damn, stupid thing to do, gently kicking a batsman. What did he hope to achieve, even if Miandad had been winding him up?

Perm

Lillee kicking him was a ******** thing to do. Obviously messing around but christ, Miandad overreacted.

I cant believe this rubbish about Lillee looking like a coward. The guy was swinging a bat at him. He maintained eye contact, was on his toes and dodged. What do you want him to do, get hit by a bat? Was good skills, if you ask me.

Damn, stupid thing to do, gently kicking a batsman. What did he hope to achieve, even if Miandad had been winding him up?
Lillee kicked a guy and then backed away when a reaction proved iminent. Personally I don't think Miandad would have hit him, he was just threatening to. If Lillee had stood his ground and not backed away, I doubt Miandad would have done anything more than he did. Certainly I didn't feel that Lillee was in any 'real' danger of being hit. It's not really rubbish either Goughy. Whether or not Lillee is a coward isn't up for debate, but his actions and consequent reaction appeared cowardly.

Fiery

Banned
Disgraceful, Lillee overwhelmingly the at-fault party obviously.
meh, no need for Miandad to go all psycho on him. Think maybe Lillee was trying to get his attention to sledge him. Not the way to go about it obviously but the Miandad reaction was totally OTT imo

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Whether or not Lillee is a coward isn't up for debate, but his actions and consequent reaction appeared cowardly.
No. Dodging a swinging cricket bat isnt cowardly. If he had turned his back then Id agree with you. There is nothing about his recation to being potentially struck that is wrong. He maintains eye contact and is balanced. Looks like a fighter.

If you admire the bravery of dumbasses that stand there and get smacked then thats upto you

Perm

No. Dodging a swinging cricket bat isnt cowardly. If he had turned his back then Id agree with you. There is nothing about his recation to being potentially struck that is wrong. He maintains eye contact and is balanced. Looks like a fighter.

If you admire the bravery of dumbasses that stand there and get smacked then thats upto you
Dodging a swinging cricket bat? Miandad didn't get the thing above head height before he stopped threatening, and if you watch closely enough then it doesn't really appear as though Miandad was ever going to actually swing his bat at Lillee, IMO anyway.

Lillee kicks Miandad, then ducks and steps away while bringing his hands up to stop the perceived threat of the bat being swung at him. Just looks cowardly to me. I'd have much more respect for him (although it is hard, after he kicked Miandad) if he stood tall and faced up to the batsmens little taunt.

neville cardus

International Debutant
Truth be told, Lillee could have stayed exactly where he was, bearing witness to the decapitation of the blissfully-oblivious umpire rather than get some willow in the teeth himself.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
meh, no need for Miandad to go all psycho on him. Think maybe Lillee was trying to get his attention to sledge him. Not the way to go about it obviously but the Miandad reaction was totally OTT imo
Javed's reaction could have been better, but to kick (even pretend to aim at) another human-being is about as derogatory an action as one can dream-up. I don't have any great objection to Javed's reaction, and it was Lillee who was overwhelmingly the at-fault party AFAIC.

Last edited:

subshakerz

International Coach
Actually, I think Miandad's reaction was perfectly natural. If a cricketer kicks a cricketer from behind, you would expect him to be shocked and angry enough to raise his bat (he didnt swing the bat). Lillee's whole action though is inexcusable and looks pretty wimpy to be honest. Had he been any other cricketer, I'm sure he would have got more than a silly 2-match fine.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Here is another view of the same incident and a continuous one at that which shows that he just stepped back as Javed raised his bat and then bounced back at Javed aggressively. Lillee was of course wrong in kicking (it was a nudge with his left foot really) but I dont see how he comes out as a coward or a wimp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbnMORCoGjQ&feature=related

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
I ?
Overreacted ?
You must be kidding me !!
Imagine if someone touches you like that . If some one does this to me then I am certainly going to break his face up and rip his throat . Javed actualy under-reacted and was such a ***** that he didn't even touch Lillee..