• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Finally the Javed-Lillee Video

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Apologies. Just that we're talking about someone who has well-known involvements - personal and financial - with terrorists; IMO he has absolutely ZERO credibility.
Amazing how little this has been commented upon here.

By the way, their 'friendship' was later formally cemented with the marriage of Javed's son Junaid with Dawood's daughter Mahrukh, in August 2005.

FRAZ

International Captain
Yeah but there has been no proof that Javed has been meating Dawood Ibrahim after he was declared as a fugitive in India . And marriage is somewhat a personal matter b/w Junaid and Mahrukh .

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but there has been no proof that Javed has been meating Dawood Ibrahim after he was declared as a fugitive in India . And marriage is somewhat a personal matter b/w Junaid and Mahrukh .
I have nothing against that marriage Fraz. But you make it sound as if it was a love marriage. It wasn't. It was arranged by the families who are and have been very close for a very long time. In fact, they had seen Mahrukh at various marriages and social functions where the families met. So they weren't boycotting Dawood socially or something.

Dawood left India at around the time he was accused in the Bomb blasts case which was much before this betrothal took place but it cant be anyone's case, least of all that of the Indian Government, that no one should have any relationship with anyone accused of any crime, howsoever serious, In fact, Dawood's sister has been in Mumbai for years after he left as have been other family members. They are not social outcasts.

Javed is not defensive about his relationship with Dawood and it fine because that isn't against the law or something). No need for us to be defensive on his behalf.:)

I think it is Javed's personal decision to arrange for his son's marriage and thats it - nothing more nothing less.

Evermind

International Debutant
Are you pulling a Richard? Do you honestly believe what you said?

Incidentally, Dawood fled India in the 80s, and was ascertained to have masterminded the Bombay blasts in 1993. He was also behind the parliament attacks in 2001. The wedding transpired in 2005. Are you implying that they weren't present at their children's wedding?

FRAZ

International Captain
Are you pulling a Richard? Do you honestly believe what you said?

Incidentally, Dawood fled India in the 80s, and was ascertained to have masterminded the Bombay blasts in 1993. He was also behind the parliament attacks in 2001. The wedding transpired in 2005. Are you implying that they weren't present at their children's wedding?
You know what! there were so many Sehwag309s ,wahindiawahs and Alex kumars here and they couldn't go over the tally of 1000 posts and it's not the place where sugar coated poisonous things can be openly said and it's not the place to try and prove yourself to be some thing special . There was this guy Sehwag309 and he was also first abusive to the players and then to the country and I asked him to see me personally (cuz he lived down the street) and I guess he perfectly knew me and he denied cuz such itsi bitsis don't really last over here and people here on this forum are from decent and sane families and they are not negatively brain fed from their families. The root cause or the reason which is lightening a candle under your computer chair is what I have highlighted and secondly now I don't give a 2 cent **** what you asked or said . so keep your questions with yourself . Thanks !!

Evermind

International Debutant
You know what! there were so many Sehwag309s ,wahindiawahs and Alex kumars here and they couldn't go over the tally of 1000 posts and it's not the place where sugar coated poisonous things can be openly said and it's not the place to try and prove yourself to be some thing special . There was this guy Sehwag309 and he was also first abusive to the players and then to the country and I asked him to see me personally (cuz he lived down the street) and I guess he perfectly knew me and he denied cuz such itsi bitsis don't really last over here and people here on this forum are from decent and sane families and they are not negatively brain fed from their families. The root cause or the reason which is lightening a candle under your computer chair is what I have highlighted and secondly now I don't give a 2 cent **** what you asked or said . so keep your questions with yourself . Thanks !!

Couldn't figure out any of the above incoherent muddle. English, please.

Swervy

International Captain
So Lillee holding onto to Miandad and preventing him from completing his run was 'light-hearted', but Miandad making a comment was him being an arse?
there is a difference between getting the arse and being an arse. He merely got stroppy.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd forgive you for your comment that there were so many wahindiawahs and alexkumars (there must've been at least 20, possibly 3 or 4 times that many, of the former, and there were about 6 of the latter) but I think there's only ever been 2 Sehwag309s. :p The original and his new one.

jeevan

International 12th Man
I have nothing against that marriage Fraz. But you make it sound as if it was a love marriage. It wasn't. It was arranged by the families who are and have been very close for a very long time. In fact, they had seen Mahrukh at various marriages and social functions where the families met. So they weren't boycotting Dawood socially or something.

Dawood left India at around the time he was accused in the Bomb blasts case which was much before this betrothal took place but it cant be anyone's case, least of all that of the Indian Government, that no one should have any relationship with anyone accused of any crime, howsoever serious, In fact, Dawood's sister has been in Mumbai for years after he left as have been other family members. They are not social outcasts.

Javed is not defensive about his relationship with Dawood and it fine because that isn't against the law or something). No need for us to be defensive on his behalf.:)

I think it is Javed's personal decision to arrange for his son's marriage and thats it - nothing more nothing less.
The Miandad-Ibrahim links are more than just personal ties. See the following news report (not an Indian newspaper) on how Miandad and Ibrahim have overlapped their professional lives as well (from long before the wedding).

http://sport.independent.co.uk/cricket/article2393992.ece

Some people in Pakistan also appear to subscribe to these views.

http://www.cobrapost.com/documents/Dawood.htm

FRAZ

International Captain
Couldn't figure out any of the above incoherent muddle. English, please.
I guess that the English that is used in your hood is not allowed over here . I will have to shov it and I don't wanna do it cuz you don't seem like worth talking to .
What I want to tell all the trouble makers is that "get the **** out of the decent forums Angrez wanna bes" !

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I guess that the English that is used in your hood is not allowed over here . I will have to shov it and I don't wanna do it cuz you don't seem like worth talking to .
What I want to tell all the trouble makers is that "get the **** out of the decent forums Angrez wanna bes" !
Hard to disagree.

Evermind

International Debutant
The Miandad-Ibrahim links are more than just personal ties. See the following news report (not an Indian newspaper) on how Miandad and Ibrahim have overlapped their professional lives as well (from long before the wedding).

http://sport.independent.co.uk/cricket/article2393992.ece

Some people in Pakistan also appear to subscribe to these views.

http://www.cobrapost.com/documents/Dawood.htm
Yep - it's pretty well known that the Pak government itself uses Dawood's espionage services and provides personal protection to him. But then again the Pak government is essentially terrorist state, so it's not unexpected.

"Ever since Dawood got involved in match-fixing over a decade ago, many of the Pakistani cricket players were on his pay rolls who earned huge sums of money...Backed by Dawood, Miandad was able to survive as captain of the Pakistan cricket team for a good period of time despite facing tough opposition from other players and his being named in several match-fixing scams. To recall, the judicial inquiry report into the betting and match-fixing allegations prepared by a committee headed by Justice Qayyum, had established a direct link between Dawood and many of the Pakistani players."

archie mac

International Coach
Just been reading about this

At the time the ACB had just introduced a code of conduct written up and govered by the players. So when Lillee was reported by the umpires he was judged by a group of his peers.

The ACB was not happy when they let him off with a slap on the wrist $200 dollar fine I think (but can check it up). The ACB then suspended him for two matches, some on the ACB wanted him suspended for the rest of the season.

The Aust players were not happy for two reasons 1. the players close to the bat stated that JM had kicked Lillee first but that you could not see it on the video and 2. that Pakistan did not have their own code and nothing would happen to JM

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
God God, why is this even being discussed? Anyone notice it happened 30-odd years ago? Seriously, can anyone give me an idea of what useful information can be gained from who annoyed who first?

archie mac

International Coach
God God, why is this even being discussed? Anyone notice it happened 30-odd years ago? Seriously, can anyone give me an idea of what useful information can be gained from who annoyed who first?
Must say that I have quite enjoyed it:) At least the 'R' word has not reared its head:ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Whether Lillee or Javed was less of a ****. :)