• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Finally the Javed-Lillee Video

Fiery

Banned
Overreacted ?
You must be kidding me !!
Imagine if someone touches you like that . If some one does this to me then I am certainly going to break his face up and rip his throat . Javed actualy under-reacted and was such a ***** that he didn't even touch Lillee..
8-). He didn't even kick him. He nudged him gently with his foot. Miandad's a nutbar for reacting like that imo

JBH001

International Regular
Dunno what you are on about, Fiery.

Yeah, he did not really kick him. But the gesture sure was an insulting one and deserved retaliation. And yes, Lillee does look a little like a *****, stepping back and then moving towards Javed, but actually...grabbing the umpire instead. Javed reacted appropriately though, actually striking would have been overkill for a kick that was not really a kick.

FRAZ

International Captain
Whatever respect I had for Miandad is gone now .What a disgraceful piece of trash he proved himself to be .I mean he didn't even touch Lillee . He really is a shame . I don't know why is he still living .

Fiery

Banned
Dunno what you are on about, Fiery.

Yeah, he did not really kick him. But the gesture sure was an insulting one and deserved retaliation. And yes, Lillee does look a little like a *****, stepping back and then moving towards Javed, but actually...grabbing the umpire instead. Javed reacted appropriately though, actually striking would have been overkill for a kick that was not really a kick.
DWTA...but who cares. It was a long time ago.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lillee's reaction to Miandad swinging the bat was pretty tough IMO. He looked directly at it, and ducked.

That being said, his actual 'kick' was petty and pathetic. The whole incident was a disgrace obviously, but at the same time its something to talk about, and an interesting part of cricket's history.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Overreacted ?
You must be kidding me !!
Imagine if someone touches you like that . If some one does this to me then I am certainly going to break his face up and rip his throat . Javed actualy under-reacted and was such a ***** that he didn't even touch Lillee..
Your machismo is an embarrassment.

subshakerz

International Coach
Lillee's reaction to Miandad swinging the bat was pretty tough IMO. He looked directly at it, and ducked.

That being said, his actual 'kick' was petty and pathetic. The whole incident was a disgrace obviously, but at the same time its something to talk about, and an interesting part of cricket's history.
Check this video again. Lillee backed a few steps away as soon as Miandad raised the bat. He didnt duck, because Miandad didnt even swing the bat, he just lifted it. Then Lillee tries to act the tough guy by moving forward but actually grabs the umpire in front of him instead. Doesnt seem tough at all.