• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ future players

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Matt Horne is out of favour with the NZ selectors, he's played so many games for NZ & rarely done anything special..I think they'd be more tempted to go with Papps or McIntosh.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think NZ need to look seriously at McIntosh as an opener, he's a carbon coby of Matthew Hayden by means of size, position at the crease etc..and im not saying McIntosh is at the same level as Hayden.

I saw that Astle will miss the Sri Lankan tour & Cairns will only play the ODI's so that means that Michael Papps will also have a chance & I think he should probably bat down the order at 4 or 5.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamie How is 140* against Canterbury at tea, last week he scored 160* against Northern Districts, so is he making a late move up the rankings?
Dean Jones has mentioned 2 or 3 times that when he saw Central Districts play in that World Club Cup series in Perth 2 years ago he rated Jamie How as very good future batsman.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
I think NZ need to look seriously at McIntosh as an opener, he's a carbon coby of Matthew Hayden by means of size, position at the crease etc..and im not saying McIntosh is at the same level as Hayden.
But is he as risky with regards to going for his shots?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Currently McIntosh doesn't really back himself to go after an attack, but neither did Hayden in his younger years..now that he's found a new self he just goes after any bowler regardless of his stature.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
With all this talk of Tim McIntosh I'm quite glad I met him :)

He looked very good in the nets when he came over here to play for Shifnal in the Shropshire league but he had a rather poor season with the bat and ended up becoming a very useful pace bowler. I don't know if he's continued in that vein though.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think McIntosh has ever bowled for Auckland so Im not sure whether that suggests that he has a hidden talent with bowling or the league he was playing in was just very poor.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
I don't think McIntosh has ever bowled for Auckland so Im not sure whether that suggests that he has a hidden talent with bowling or the league he was playing in was just very poor.
I saw him play and he was Fast-Med and bowled pretty straight. He took his wickets in the mid 20s. The Shropshire league is pretty strong for a minor-counties league, he didn't shine with the bat though. You could say it was the pitches but the pitches were pretty good, I played on some and they hardly ever had any grass on them.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
No doubt he was glad to meet you too Rik. :)
Yeah, when I'm rich and famous he'll be saying "yeah I met that Eric Heath, what a star in the making" :)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder if we're talking about the same Tim McIntosh?
I have been told that he hardly even bowls for his club either.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
I wonder if we're talking about the same Tim McIntosh?
I have been told that he hardly even bowls for his club either.
NZ A Batsman, scored around 180 for NZ A once.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
What exactly do you intend to do to get rich and....hehe....famous? Please don't humour me by saying cricket. :lol:
No my band's putting out an album soon :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In that case I suggest:-

1/They don't put you're pic anywhere near the cover art (best hire a model...or me ;) )
2/You warn us before the travesty hits stores! (Two weeks notice preferrable)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
In that case I suggest:-

1/They don't put you're pic anywhere near the cover art (best hire a model...or me ;) )
2/You warn us before the travesty hits stores! (Two weeks notice preferrable)
1. Hahaha no it won't, it will have some CAD artwork as the cover :)
2. It won't be for a while, we are recording the Demo/EP tomorrow, a 3 tracker, available from me :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Rik said:
1. Hahaha no it won't, it will have some CAD artwork as the cover :)
2. It won't be for a while, we are recording the Demo/EP tomorrow, a 3 tracker, available from me :D
1/Thank God!
2/Thank God (that it's only a 3 tracker...for now <gulp>)!!!

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
1/Thank God!
2/Thank God (that it's only a 3 tracker...for now <gulp>)!!!

Ahhhh but do you even know what CAD stands for my teenage friend ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Umm....Cats and Dogs??? Nahh.

Maybe C omputer A ided D esign?
Yeh that's it. I am top of my class in IT after all so I do know something .:rolleyes:

Impressed? No? Ok then...