• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best batter in the world?

Sam

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
LARA !!!

Cybersmurf you can't be seriuos about Macca i mena yes very good player but no way near Lara and Tendulkars league just watch him in the VB series he has been a real let down for me.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
for skill, prob tendulkar - you can never be sure however

for consistancy - S Waugh
For Aggression - Gilchrist

This Year - Hayden, NO CONTEST

Eclipse

International Debutant
Talent :

Lara
Tendulkar
Ponting

Consistency :
S.Waugh
A.Flower

Aggresion :

Gilchrist ( 2nd highest test skt rate in history of test cricket + 1000 runs)
Gibbs
Ponting
Mcmillan
Cairns

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Im picking Andy Flower cause he has to carry the bulk of the Zimbabwe innings and for a guy to be averaging 50+ from such a lowly nation aswell as keeping thats very impressive in my opinion.

G

Tendulkar is the best for concentration and getting on top of the best bowling attacks. Lara is the best for getting quickfire runs. Lara lacks consistency in his batting.

Hayden, Martyn, Waugh brothers and Gilchrist are the best Aussies.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If Tendulkar's concentration is so good, how come he doesn't get the really big scores that Lara gets?

Also, why not name the Aussie top 7 and say they're Australia's best batsmen? :D

Geoff

Cricket Spectator
At the moment, on form it would have to be Matthew Hayden.

But I would put Lara and Tendulkar up there. Although Tendulkar scores more runs, I think Lara has played a lot more big innings when they have counted.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Nobody mentioned Dravid or Laxman in this thread(or Inzamam, Chanderpaul, Atapattu, Vaughan, many many more)

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
I suppose this topic has only been discussed about 71178 times...................

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
God, why can't there be a sticky of this (there must have been 80 or so threads concerning it) along with the Murali issue?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Richard said:
God, why can't there be a sticky of this (there must have been 80 or so threads concerning it) along with the Murali issue?
Because it annoys you, and that's good enough reason for me...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, it doesn't annoy me, I enjoy going-over the same old arguments with different people.
I'd have thought it would be you (and James, Andre, Liam, Rich and Corey) who got annoyed, at seeing the same old stuff over and again.
Would have thought it wasted valuable bandwidth. :sleep:
Personally I thought it was a good idea having the stuff that people come on and make a thread about time and again in one place so we don't get criss-cross discussions.