• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best batter in the world?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Dammit.

We restrict stickies to ongoing series/tournaments because if you get too many, other active threads get shoved off the page.

People just get tellings-off for beating dead horses.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Dammit.

We restrict stickies to ongoing series/tournaments because if you get too many, other active threads get shoved off the page.

People just get tellings-off for beating dead horses.
steds gets weekly telling-offs, then?
Stickies extended to blatant self-promotion threads such as CW Ratings. And, of course, in times of compassion.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Richard said:
Stickies extended to blatant self-promotion threads such as CW Ratings. And, of course, in times of compassion.
Now you're learning.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
No, but I will, thread digging is a hobby I've only recently discovered.

I don't see it as "Beating Dead Horses" as much as "giving people who never contributed in the original discussion a chance"

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
steds said:
No, but I will, thread digging is a hobby I've only recently discovered.

I don't see it as "Beating Dead Horses" as much as "giving people who never contributed in the original discussion a chance"
If they wanted to, they'd get the spades out themselves.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Probably becuase they werent considered to be up there with the best TWO YEARS AGO.

This thread retreiving is really starting to annoy me.

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
Oops, i never realised the thread was over two years old.

Some people have way too much spare time if they are resurrecting threads this old. get a hobby or a job or something

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jamee999 said:
Neil told himself?
No, I told him - he didn't believe I could possibly be worse than him.
He was soon to find his mistake.
Having said that, I hit a shot off the middle of the bat today - made 3\4s of my highest score of the season.
And it didn't quite reach the boundary.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
Neil told himself?
No, I told him - he didn't believe I could possibly be worse than him.
He was soon to find his mistake.
Having said that, I hit a shot off the middle of the bat today - made 3\4s of my highest score of the season.
And it didn't quite reach the boundary.

Shame we didnt have a bat during our "jolly" to Exeter CC..

That would have sorted the men from the boys...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well you don't need to sort me, I'm worse than Neil.
I presume we wouldn't need much of a net to see that you're also better than him.

howardj

International Coach
Geoff said:
At the moment, on form it would have to be Matthew Hayden.
I agree. To average near 60 in Test cricket - as an opening batsman - is extraordinary. Hayden has been prolific for three successive years - in all countries, bar England. However, the standard of Test Match fast bowling in the last few years has been ordinary.