• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Vs India poll

Prediction time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Boring (0-0)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shane watson named captain of austrlian test team (0-4,0-3,1-3)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
4-0 Australia. Indian pace bowling is weak already, and their overrated batting lineup will be exposed in Australian conditions, so they will have to be extremely lucky to even manage a draw. And I'm sure Anil Kumble will get dumped as a captain as well after the series.:laugh:

gskhosla

Cricket Spectator
I agree India should loose the series because they are over rated and I have said all along India has one yuvraj australia have many. Australia has many Lee's India has none.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Am almost as unhappy at predicting as I was this time(ish) last year TBH. Thought "we all thought it'd be an Australian steamrollering in 2005 and it wasn't" but nonetheless Australia looked overwhelmingly the more powerful unit.

All it takes is some good batting (which I certainly hope for) and one Agarkar-esque spell and India could win a game. Hope they can avoid a loss at least twice too.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
3-0 IMO. It might be 4-0, but I'm holding out hope for a draw on one of the flatter pitches. No way India will take twenty wickets.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
England, South Africa, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, West Indies and New Zealand all failed to take twenty wickets even once. You think India can?
Their superior batting to any of the aforementioned teams might cause their certainly-no-superior bowling to look better.

And it's worth remembering that South Africa might well have taken 20 wickets at least twice if their catching had been better.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Err, unlike most of the other countries, we didn't face Warne or McGrath.
Erm, that is unrelated to Warne or McGrath not playing In the game - Australia made 556 in the first inning, we then made 523 runs. Australia then crumbled to 196.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
warne would not have been much of a factor, so it's only mcgrath's absence that was significant...
Well he probably wouldn't, but you never know - and he'd almost certainly have been a better bet than Stuart MacGill.

Added to McGrath's injury, you could also add Australia's inexplicable preference for Bracken, Williams and Brett Lee over Kasprowicz.

pup11

International Coach
Aussies have taken the post Warne-McGrath transition period as a big challenge that they want to conquer at all costs and there seems to be lot more purpose in their game to prove to the world that they can still maintain their high standards without those two stalwarts and they have their sights set on the world record of most test wins in a row so they would be pumped.
Indian bowling is way too weak to challenge the Australian batting line-up and i can see Aussies building up huge totals and in the adding the pressure on the Indian batsmen.
3-0 or a 4-0 series win in Australia's favour is the most likely result IMO.