• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Official tour thread.

15 man squad for the ODI series has been named. Sharier Nafees has been left out :( Which is sad because IMO he is Bangladesh's best opener by far.

Bangladesh squad Mohammad Ashraful (capt), Mashrafe Mortaza, Javed Omar, Tushar Imran, Abdur Razzak, Shakib Al Hasan, Syed Rasel, Aftab Ahmed, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Shahadat Hossain, Junaid Siddique, Farhad Reza, Mehrab Hossain jnr, Tamim Iqbal, Nazmul Hossain.

I'm personally looking forward to this series. There will be a test in Dunners which I should be able to get along to. New Zealand is obviously better than Bangladesh but I love watching them play and I personally find them entertaining even if they get a hiding. I hope the ODI's are close and we see some good individual performances from the Bangladeshi's, but I also hope NZ do a clean sweep of the tests and ODI's. Vincent to be MOTS of course :p

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They dropped Shahriar Nafees? He is by far and away their best batsmen for **** sake.

Also, I'm planning to take a screamer during the Dunedin test. :cool:

NZTailender

If Vincent plays (and lets face it, he SHOULD) I'll be there for every day of the test.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Shahriar Nafees may well be their best opening on technical terms, but his form in the NCL has been nothing short of abysmal. It's justified - he needs to get his game back in order at home, not in New Zealand where his confidence could be smashed. Junaid Siddique deserves his chance; Nafees does not.

NZTailender

Shahriar Nafees may well be their best opening on technical terms, but his form in the NCL has been nothing short of abysmal. It's justified - he needs to get his game back in order at home, not in New Zealand where his confidence could be smashed. Junaid Siddique deserves his chance; Nafees does not.
You would know more about it than me, mate. I rate Nafees highly. Richard will choke and splutter but I think he's a test class player and one of the best to ever play for Bangladesh. I hope he returns to some form because he's the kind of player who makes a massive difference to Bangladesh's chances of winning.

NZTailender

Mark Gillespie is another player I hope goes well in the series. If Bond and Franklin are still injured, he could get another shot (and he should do anyway after a 5fer on debut) and do well. He's one of my favourite players and ticks all the right boxes - he's a Kiwi, he's a fast bowler and he's a tailender. :cool:

cricman

International 12th Man
I think Mortaza and Rasel are gonna do really good in this series ... Ashraful, Aftab and Rahim are the only ones suited to play in conditions like these so are Bashar and Tushar but I expect them to fail anyway.

Rafique got dropped for the ODI's hopefully he can get called up for the Test Series.

2-0, 2-1 for the Home side.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
Sinclair to score another two or three double centuries.
thats if hes picked.. Fulton, Oram and Hopkins are first cabs off the rank... lol
he'll be asked to go back to cd and prove himself, because he got a duck in the final odi in sth africa.

just a side point hopkins isnt alone with 2 ducks first up Sinclairs also started his odi career with 2 ducks.
becareful bracewell might not have to look far to keep hopkins in the team...lol

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
thats if hes picked.. Fulton, Oram and Hopkins are first cabs off the rank... lol
he'll be asked to go back to cd and prove himself, because he got a duck in the final odi in sth africa.

just a side point hopkins isnt alone with 2 ducks first up Sinclairs also started his odi career with 2 ducks.
becareful bracewell might not have to look far to keep hopkins in the team...lol
Hopkins is a handy one day player but IIRC test player he is not.

I'd have Sinclair, Fulton, Fleming, Oram as my middle order. Styris is a better one day player IMO.

Perm

Hopkins is a handy one day player but IIRC test player he is not.

I'd have Sinclair, Fulton, Fleming, Oram as my middle order. Styris is a better one day player IMO.
Seriously son, you need to brush up a bit.

Flem274*

123/5
Seriously son, you need to brush up a bit.
Yes Dad.

Styris is not better than Fleming or Fulton by any stretch of the imagination. Also think that Sinclair has far more ability than Styris. Styris is pretty average on test tracks that bounce. We need players that are good on all tracks.

Perm

Anyway, fully expecting Phlegm and to a lesser extent Athlai to try and push Corey Anderson, Hamish Bennett, Todd Astle and Tim Southee for selection.